Top 5 -yesterday
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Hortidaily Special Year Overview
April: Growing in Alaska, Priva cuts jobs and Windset introduces strawberries
1 April 2014: Due to climatic limitations, commercial greenhouse activities tend to be seasonal businesses in Alaksa. In order to cultivate in Alaska's harsh temperatures, provide locally grown produce UAF has built a new multi-purpose, two-level greenhouse in Alaska.
2 April 2014: When a fire destroyed some greenhouses at Schriemer’s Family Farm in Otterburne, near Winnipeg back in January 2013, Trevor Schriemer was determined the company would rebuild, and rise like a phoenix from the ashes…
4 April 2014: Nowadays, sustainability and mega-cities are some of the big challenges of greenhouse tech around the globe. 100% sustainability was the goal of a joint-venture between Bluffinghausen University of applied sciences in a suburb of Dresden and Novavert in Greven (Germany). Prof. Dr. Witzmann is one of the leading experts in nano-technology and together with the Novavert engineering team they managed to achieve their goal; they manufactured productive high tech nano greenhouse of 0.14 m²
7 April 2014: In a statement, the Israeli army said it's fighter jets had struck four targets in the northern part of the Gaza Strip and one in the south. Many greenhouses were burnt in the Israeli shelling, according to eyewitnesses. No causalities have been reported.
9 April 2014: Windset Farms proudly unveiled two new remarkable products; greenhouse grown bok choy and greenhouse grown strawberries. Talking to Jaap Dane of Windset, we learned that Windset continues to introduce interesting crops as the US' market continues to request them.
9 April 2014: In Mexico, around 100 hectares of greenhouse plantations devoted to strawberries and other berries were severely damaged by strong winds from a tornado in April 2014.
10 April 2014: Village Farms in conjunction with Quadrogen and Fuel Cell Energy announced the kick off of a renewable energy quad-generation project that's the first of its kind. The ground-breaking project, which took place in April 2014, marked the beginning of a project that promises thermal heat as well as carbon dioxide in the growing of greenhouse produce.
In April 2014: HortiDaily was present at the 16th Hortiflorexpo IPM Beijing 2014. Please take a look at the report we made there: Photo Report : Horti Asia 2014
30 April 2014: Dutch climate control / process management company Priva operated in two sectors that suffer from the economic crisis, leading to stagnations in expansion and substandard financial results. Therefore, the head office in De Lier is slimmed down, which resulted in the loss of 34 jobs.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2014-12-24 Looking Back: 2014 in 120 articles
- 2014-12-23 November: AgroPark news, from tomatoes to pot and heavy snowfall for NY growers
- 2014-12-22 October :Dalsem builts 20 ha in Russia, Philips recall and breakthrough in TM3 resistance
- 2014-12-19 September: New greenhouse for Vineland, bankruptcy for Dutch tomatoes and strong recovery for Rosa Flora
- 2014-12-18 August: Russian ban, burglary at Rijk Zwaan Italy and Coldwater completes phase II
- 2014-12-17 July: Panasonic's veggie factory, Flip-flop on cogeneration policy, and 2 ha of cut flowers in the UK
- 2014-12-16 June 2014: The first Greentech, 60 hectares in China and Dutch growers leave the industry
- 2014-12-15 May 2014 : Zwirs - Knijnenburg bankruptcy, Azerbaijan thrives, and angry Italian growers
- 2014-12-12 April: Growing in Alaska, Priva cuts jobs and Windset introduces strawberries
- 2014-12-11 March 2014: Growing in Bahrein, extreme cold in Canada, Rosa Flora fire, and a meteorite for a Korean grower
- 2014-12-10 February 2014: Trade shows, Philips employees threatened and Arend-Sosef bankruptcy
- 2014-12-09 HortiDaily Special Year Overview : January 2014.