- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- "Affordable organic foods can be produced from commercial aquaponic greenhouse farms"
- Can cucumbers save a cannabis company?
- "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- UK cucumber growers won't plant until late February or March
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- Is ozone effective against ToBRFV?
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- COFRA Holding and Mastronardi acquire AppHarvest's Berea greenhouse
Global seed company names new CEO
"We're excited to welcome someone with Philippe's talent and experience in operating across the complex global seed industry as we build the newly formed Verisem, a global leader in specialty seed production," said Angelos Dassios, Partner at Paine Schwartz Partners and a Director with Verisem. "Philippe will play a critical role in Verisem's success as we continue to develop the depth and breadth of Verisem's production capabilities, global network and reach."
Philippe most recently led the sunflower and winter oilseed rape seeds business at Syngenta. Prior to that role, he held various commercial and marketing positions in the field crops seeds business at Syngenta, and developed key active ingredients for the company's seed treatment business. Before his roles at Syngenta, he worked for Cargill Seeds and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
As Global CEO, Philippe will direct the operations of Verisem's three primary companies: Brotherton Seed Company, Inc., Condor Seed Production, Inc., and Suba Seeds Co., as well as any future acquisitions or new business developments. "I'm honored and excited to join this group of best-in-class seed production operations and I share Paine Schwartz Partners' vision of establishing a true global leader in specialty seed production and distribution," he said. "I look forward to working with the existing team to execute a global growth strategy, building on the company's foundation of excellence in seedsmanship, production reliability and trusted industry partnerships."
Supporting Philippe, Giuseppe Tumedei will remain CEO of Suba Seeds Co. and recently hired Ron Amarel will continue in his role as Managing Director of the Americas. André Goig will continue to serve as Chairman of the Board.
For more information:
Rapenburgerstraat 179 K
1011 VM Amsterdam
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-09-29 Photos: Vegetable cooperative in China's Hebei
- 2017-09-28 "Plant breeding innovation at the heart of a sustainable EU agri-food policy"
- 2017-09-27 Chinese television crew pays attention to new Axia varieties
- 2017-09-26 Will Europe embrace precise plant breeding or further frustrate innovation?
- 2017-09-25 "Agriculture will win the CRISPR race"
- 2017-09-22 Development of eggplant materials for adaptation to climate change
- 2017-09-21 Sakata Field Days in the Netherlands
- 2017-09-20 Global seed company names new CEO
- 2017-09-19 What does the future of peppers look like?
- 2017-09-18 Italy: Bayer presents tomato innovations
- 2017-09-15 Ghana: Seed companies launch umbrella body
- 2017-09-14 Benson Hill launches CRISPR 3.0
- 2017-09-13 Rijk Zwaan introduces Knox lettuce varieties to South African growers
- 2017-09-12 Visualising gene-trait networks for faster discovery
- 2017-09-11 Retrieval of seeds from Global Seed Vault to replace Aleppo gene bank
- 2017-09-11 Vilmorin-MKS becomes Vilmorin-Mikado
- 2017-09-08 Colombia has a potential for development of hydroponics
- 2017-09-07 Dutch propagators announce merger plans
- 2017-09-06 US (TX): Improving melon crop focus of $4.4 million study
- 2017-09-05 Australia: Plant & Food Research licenses blueberry varieties to T&G