- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- Stackable planters designed for aeroponic and hydroponic crops
- Heating mats to maximize plant nursery yields
- Illegally connected greenhouse in Romitan cost the district 437 million
- Ocean-going vessels to capture CO2 for greenhouses
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Global seed company names new CEO
"We're excited to welcome someone with Philippe's talent and experience in operating across the complex global seed industry as we build the newly formed Verisem, a global leader in specialty seed production," said Angelos Dassios, Partner at Paine Schwartz Partners and a Director with Verisem. "Philippe will play a critical role in Verisem's success as we continue to develop the depth and breadth of Verisem's production capabilities, global network and reach."
Philippe most recently led the sunflower and winter oilseed rape seeds business at Syngenta. Prior to that role, he held various commercial and marketing positions in the field crops seeds business at Syngenta, and developed key active ingredients for the company's seed treatment business. Before his roles at Syngenta, he worked for Cargill Seeds and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
As Global CEO, Philippe will direct the operations of Verisem's three primary companies: Brotherton Seed Company, Inc., Condor Seed Production, Inc., and Suba Seeds Co., as well as any future acquisitions or new business developments. "I'm honored and excited to join this group of best-in-class seed production operations and I share Paine Schwartz Partners' vision of establishing a true global leader in specialty seed production and distribution," he said. "I look forward to working with the existing team to execute a global growth strategy, building on the company's foundation of excellence in seedsmanship, production reliability and trusted industry partnerships."
Supporting Philippe, Giuseppe Tumedei will remain CEO of Suba Seeds Co. and recently hired Ron Amarel will continue in his role as Managing Director of the Americas. André Goig will continue to serve as Chairman of the Board.
For more information:
Rapenburgerstraat 179 K
1011 VM Amsterdam
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-09-29 Photos: Vegetable cooperative in China's Hebei
- 2017-09-28 "Plant breeding innovation at the heart of a sustainable EU agri-food policy"
- 2017-09-27 Chinese television crew pays attention to new Axia varieties
- 2017-09-26 Will Europe embrace precise plant breeding or further frustrate innovation?
- 2017-09-25 "Agriculture will win the CRISPR race"
- 2017-09-22 Development of eggplant materials for adaptation to climate change
- 2017-09-21 Sakata Field Days in the Netherlands
- 2017-09-20 Global seed company names new CEO
- 2017-09-19 What does the future of peppers look like?
- 2017-09-18 Italy: Bayer presents tomato innovations
- 2017-09-15 Ghana: Seed companies launch umbrella body
- 2017-09-14 Benson Hill launches CRISPR 3.0
- 2017-09-13 Rijk Zwaan introduces Knox lettuce varieties to South African growers
- 2017-09-12 Visualising gene-trait networks for faster discovery
- 2017-09-11 Retrieval of seeds from Global Seed Vault to replace Aleppo gene bank
- 2017-09-11 Vilmorin-MKS becomes Vilmorin-Mikado
- 2017-09-08 Colombia has a potential for development of hydroponics
- 2017-09-07 Dutch propagators announce merger plans
- 2017-09-06 US (TX): Improving melon crop focus of $4.4 million study
- 2017-09-05 Australia: Plant & Food Research licenses blueberry varieties to T&G