- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Kwekerij De Grevelingen:
Bad situation in horticulture forces another Dutch tomato grower to stop
The two brothers are in business since 2000. In 2006 they made the news with the opening of a semi-closed greenhouse, the Aircokas, one of the most innovative and advanced greenhouses at that time.
According to a local newspaper, the company is closing the business because of the Russian boycott. But this is not completely correct said grower Marc Groenewegen.
Marc says: "It's not that we have bad management skills or make lots of mistakes, it's due to the market in Holland being so poor and saturated that you can barely get a decent selling price for your product, for many years in a row. At some point you have to wonder if you still have any desire to go to battle with the large retailers. We constantly get too little for that pound of tomatoes. It's just not beneficial anymore. It's time for a new challenge."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 UAE: Emirati farmer who grows 4,000 pineapples annually says farming in the desert is easy
- 2023-09-27 Tide to table: growing salmon and leafy greens in America's Dairyland
- 2023-09-27 Maharashtra farmer feeds his entire tomato crop to his cows
- 2023-09-26 US (CO): Harvest season is in full swing in Southern Colorado
- 2023-09-26 6 years after Hurricane Maria, Puerto Rico residents and farms take recovery into their own hands
- 2023-09-26 First boxes of microgreens delivered to customers in Northern Norway
- 2023-09-21 US (MA): Lancaster refugee farm destroyed by flooding
- 2023-09-21 “Smaller growers are very, very isolated"
- 2023-09-19 Pure Harvest eyes further growth with $150m strategic Richel Group Partnership
- 2023-09-18 Spain: Japanese strawberry variety allows better market entry and brand growth
- 2023-09-18 Denmark: Nordic Greens opens automonous greenhouse
- 2023-09-18 US (OH): “There is really no prescription for this type of farming. We're still figuring out how to make it better"
- 2023-09-14 US (NY): Taking on the Eastcoast in phased expansion, raising another $10 million
- 2023-09-12 US (FL): Greenhouse, classrooms grow on John Rivers’ Packing District farm
- 2023-09-11 US (OR): Immigrant farmers grow hard-to-find pantry staples
- 2023-09-11 "Sales have been at constant levels since the middle of July"
- 2023-09-07 US (UT): Greenhouse farm cultivates community through hydroponics
- 2023-09-06 Kenya: Kirinyaga government supports tomato growers in building horti infrastructure
- 2023-09-05 “We harvest and we seed everyday, but we still do it with about 12 folks"
- 2023-09-05 India: Deputy Chief Minister visited hydroponic farm