- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Azerbaijan has great potential for vegetable exports"
- Results from intra-canopy lighting study published
- "VPD tells you how a plant is feeling"
- "Gas prices are high, so we’ve halted part of our production"
- "It is very frustrating as we have the land, we have the water, we have the sun but no labor"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
Buying own cleaning machine becomes more attractive:
Be prepared to clean the inner glass by the end of the season
Van der Waay designed the robust AquaJet tube rail cart after they noticed many growers were struggling to find a good machine to get the inside of their greenhouses clean. The cart, which runs on a gasoline motor and has a built-in high-pressure pump, is specially designed to clean the glass and gutters of your empty greenhouses quickly and with the lowest possible amount of labor.
Cleaning the inner glass with the AquaJet
"Cleaning the greenhouses is usually a hell of a job, no matter the size of the operation", explained Tom Zwanenburg of Van der Waay. "With the AquaJet it will only take 1 person to apply a cleaning agent and flushing after 1 hectare of roof plus the gable facades per workday." Furthermore Van der Waay has an additional hanging gutter cleaning unit available for the AquaJet.
Cleaning the hanging gutters on the way back with the additional gutter unit.
The design of the AquaJet is very robust and long-lasting. Zwanenburg explained that they looked closely at the circumstances the machines would be used in, based on their experience with previous designs. "These machines are used in very wet and heavy situations, hence we made sure that the AquaJet would be tough enough to withstand this. There is not too much stuff like automation, sensors and electronics involved in the design, as electronics and water usually are not a good combination. On the other hand, we designed the flow of the cleaning agents (in most cases Fluor) and the water in a special circuit, so the fluor is not going through the pump, but dosed with the output water flow after the pump. This makes the system long lasting too, as the fluor has no chance to damage vital parts of the AquaJet's pump. If maintained well, the machine is guaranteed to run for years without any major problems."
According to Zwanenburg, the AquaJet can already be interesting for growers that have 1 or more hectares of glass greenhouse. "In the past we used to sell a lot of these machines to contractors, but more recently a lot of growers all over the world realize the benefits of having their own machines. They now see that they can do the job themselves at any given time with the lowest physical burden for the staff. Only 1 worker is needed to clean a hectare a day and he can continuously disinfect and rinse without too much hassle. This gives the machine a very good ROI."
The AquaJet is available for almost any Venlo glass greenhouse operation; it comes with an adjustable spray mast, adjustable tube rail size and 150 meters of hose on the reel.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-11-30 Cleaning the interior of a greenhouse
- 2017-11-29 US (AL): Hard freeze has ended growing season for warm-weather crops
- 2017-11-28 UK: Industry guide to good hygiene practice for watercress launched
- 2017-11-27 "Giving your plants an unparalleled start is fundamental for their growing success"
- 2017-11-24 Rockwool and green waste after the crop rotation
- 2017-11-23 NL: Herbie new agent against fusarium?
- 2017-11-22 Organic disinfection of trays with UV light
- 2017-11-21 "Turbo fogging saves time and creates the cleanest result"
- 2017-11-20 Weterings Mechanisatie speeds up greenhouse crop change
- 2017-11-17 "Responsibly clean glass with HGC+"
- 2017-11-16 Crop rotation: chance to reduce emissions further
- 2017-11-15 Netherlands: Wet stone wool brings extra work
- 2017-11-14 Be prepared to clean the inner glass by the end of the season
- 2017-11-13 "Make substrate slabs as dry as possible"
- 2017-11-10 Disinfection: Well begun is half done
- 2017-11-08 US (MI): Sign up for winter greenhouse online courses
- 2017-11-07 Preparing your greenhouse & hydroponic operation for winter
- 2017-11-06 "Every percent more light in winter is pure profit"
- 2017-11-03 How to use drip emitters
- 2017-11-02 "Save time and energy with water-based pipe paint"