- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
CAN (ON): Havecon breaks ground for turn-key Tweed Farms expansion
“We see a long-term need for an exponentially larger footprint here in Canada balancing indoor and greenhouse growing platforms,” said Bruce Linton, Chairman and CEO, Canopy Growth. “Expanding the production capacity and greenhouse space at Tweed Farms allows us to continue to grow into the demand in the market, and showcase our best-in-class sungrown products.”
The state-of-the-art greenhouse will be equipped with the most modern growing systems and technology available to ensure that the maximum amount of natural light will be distributed throughout the greenhouse while maximizing energy efficiency. The rain water that falls onto the roof of the greenhouse will be collected and treated. There are a number of computer controlled fertigation systems that will allow Tweed to precisely control the amount and type of nutrients being sent to the plants. All unused water will be collected, treated and then reused again making this irrigation system truly a closed system.
The greenhouse is divided into several separate climate zones, each of which can be controlled independently and cooled or heated to match the environmental needs of various growth cycles during the year.
As expected with a greenhouse of this magnitude the tech there will also be a state of art lighting installation. The electrical and computer system behind all of this technology is truly the unsung hero. Great steps have been taken to make sure that every aspect of the greenhouse's growing systems can be precisely monitored and controlled while making sure that most of the electrical equipment is hidden away out of sight.
The expansion will be completed in the spring of 2018.
For more information:
Havecon Kassenbouw B.V.
2665 JE Bleiswijk
2665 ZG Bleiswijk
Tel. +31(0)10 266 32 70
Fax +31(0)10 266 32 71
1 Hershey Dr.
Smiths Falls, Ontario
1 855 558 9333 x 122
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Arboretum installs quarantine house and filtered rainwater system to further sustainability efforts
- 2022-11-30 US (WY): Enactus members construct greenhouse for Riverview residents
- 2022-11-29 Air raid shelter becomes underground farm in Clapham, south London
- 2022-11-28 Snacking trend leads to increased year-round production of mini cucumbers
- 2022-11-28 India: Krishnagiri growers are discovering the benefits of CEA
- 2022-11-28 US (AK): BIA awards T&H $2 million for greenhouse expansion project
- 2022-11-25 State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes
- 2022-11-25 Influence of exogenous application of glycine betaine on strawberry
- 2022-11-23 How to install a double-layer inflated plastic
- 2022-11-22 UK: Heating system explodes on Essex farm, setting greenhouse on fire
- 2022-11-15 Maurice adopted ValkTwinRail ventilation system in its greenhouse in the Netherlands
- 2022-11-14 Texas A&M AgriLife seeks input on controlled environment agriculture
- 2022-11-11 Omaha restaurant uses greenhouse to grow their produce
- 2022-11-08 Philippines: Harnessing digitalization for smart agriculture
- 2022-11-04 US (KY): AppHarvest opens 30-acre indoor farm to grow strawberries and cucumbers
- 2022-11-04 Uzbekistan: Measures defined to support greenhouses
- 2022-11-04 "Urban greenhouses need to be intergrated with the urban environment"
- 2022-11-03 Canadian greenhouse season transitions into Mexico
- 2022-11-02 50 million USD geothermal greenhouse to be established in Kirsehir, Türkiye
- 2022-11-01 Banana growers from Hatay, Türkiye note that greenhouse production costs cause production decline