- Applicant management / board / horticulture / greenhouse grower
- Grower - Tasmania (berries) - Australia
- Managing Director Canada
- Category Manager - Sydney Markets, Australia
- Independent Sales & Business Development Representative, USA
- Experienced Tomato Grower, North America
- Breeder - Xiamen, China
- Senior Scientist, Plant Imaging - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Scientist, Plant Substrates and Nutrition - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Logistics Coordinator
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How these Malaysian farmers grew the world’s most expensive melons
- "There are wonderful sustainable initiatives, they are just not organic"
- "Blueberry yield improved because of hydrogen peroxide generation"
- "We see an ever-increasing interest in hydroponic growing"
- Construction completed on Pomas Farms
Auxiliary suppliers benefit from booming greenhouse industry
One of the companies in this sector is Viale Sistemi. The Italian company supplies greenhouse builders all over the world with their wide range of technical solutions like drive systems, gear motors and rack and pinion systems for vents and screen systems. According to technical director Massimo Digitali, the company has seen much growth since its inception.
"The company was founded as a greenhouse construction company in 1959. Later in 1975, it was decided to discontinue the greenhouse building activities to solely focus on the development and manufacturing of racks systems and other additional parts and technologies for the control, opening and closing of all kinds of moving parts of greenhouse structures. This is when we became a supplier to other greenhouse builders."
Digitali explained that Viale Sistemi offers a range of standard, off-the-shelf technology, but a big commitment is made to the development of new, tailor made solutions.
Viale serves as a supplier to a wide range of greenhouse builders across the world.
"We are known for our flexibility and ability to create solutions which are adapted to very specific situations. Not every greenhouse project is the same, and each project requires a special and unique approach. That is why our engineering department develops solutions that are fitted to each specific situation and, not unimportant, a specific budget. Because a high tech greenhouse needs a different solution than a low tech greenhouse."
Viale Sistemi introduced a new shock absorbing rack and pinion at the Horti Asia last month. The system guarantees a more secured closing of the vents with less irregularities.
Currently the company is very busy with the supply of solutions to greenhouse builders active in the Mexican market. "Mexico is an important area, it is currently our largest growth and export market. This is also why we have a local sales office and warehouse in Texcoco, east of Mexico City."
The team of Agrosistemas Viale, Mexico.
Next to this, Viale Sistemi is exploring other export markets too, aside of supplying their home market, Italy. "We supply greenhouse builders all over the world, from North Africa to Canada, South Africa and Greece. We also look at increasing our presence in new and upcoming markets such as Southeast Asia, which is why we have participated in the Horti Asia trade show in Bangkok. This is a promising market in which we see a lot of chances on the horizon too."
For more information:
Viale Sistemi Srl.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-03-31 WUR report on extensive energy screen study now available
- 2017-03-30 "Decrease CO2 by controlling humidity"
- 2017-03-29 Lumigrow to demo Grow Light Sensor in upcoming webinar
- 2017-03-28 French tomato growers see good results with semi-closed greenhouses
- 2017-03-27 Auxiliary suppliers benefit from booming greenhouse industry
- 2017-03-24 The ins and outs of installing and maintaining cooling systems
- 2017-03-23 USDA webinar to demystify high tunnels
- 2017-03-22 MistTime can now be used as pulse irrigation system
- 2017-03-21 "HVAC's goal should be integrated control"
- 2017-03-20 Kazakhstan: 9.5 hectare Ultra-Clima opened in Almati
- 2017-03-17 Get the most out of your greenhouse poly
- 2017-03-16 Airflow below substrate reduces disease risk, optimizes drainage
- 2017-03-15 "NL: "Climate-neutral greenhouse will become reality"
- 2017-03-14 US(AZ): CEAC Seminar: Efficient CEA systems and electronic eyes
- 2017-03-13 Asia: Better growth in Vietnam with smart screen installation
- 2017-03-10 Humidity and greenhouse climate control
- 2017-03-09 Panama capitalizes on protected agriculture
- 2017-03-08 "South East Asia a more sophisticated market for fresh produce”"
- 2017-03-07 US (NY): Learn about northern climate vegetable production
- 2017-03-06 Climate control based on plant temperature is getting closer