- Applicant management / board / horticulture / greenhouse grower
- Grower - Tasmania (berries) - Australia
- Managing Director Canada
- Category Manager - Sydney Markets, Australia
- Independent Sales & Business Development Representative, USA
- Experienced Tomato Grower, North America
- Breeder - Xiamen, China
- Senior Scientist, Plant Imaging - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Scientist, Plant Substrates and Nutrition - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Logistics Coordinator
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How these Malaysian farmers grew the world’s most expensive melons
- "There are wonderful sustainable initiatives, they are just not organic"
- "Blueberry yield improved because of hydrogen peroxide generation"
- "We see an ever-increasing interest in hydroponic growing"
- Construction completed on Pomas Farms
French tomato growers see good results with semi-closed greenhouses
“Making the right choices together with our clients, that’s what it is all about. No solution is the same,” according to Cees van Uffelen, managing director at greenhouse manufacturer Horconex. In the south of France, semi-closed greenhousing is all about keeping the insects out; it is not a story of a lot less energy or a lot more yield.
Growers Olivier Herranz and Cedric Meurs signed for the realization of two semi-closed greenhouses for vine tomato and cherry tomato crops in 2015. In search of the right partners Horconex also found KE GrowAir. The GrowAir duct shows a significantly better performance in homogenizing the greenhouse climate than standard ducts.
What was predicted has come true. A slightly lower energy input and a bit higher yield. But above all, the growers have a better quality of fresh produce which offers a higher market value, due to a homogenous climate and less disease risks. Their study club confirms this result. They outpaced comparable semi-closed greenhouse entrepreneurs in the benchmark.
For more information:
3291 CK Strijen
Tel. +31 (0) 78 674 8475
Fax +31 (0) 78 674 8476
2671 CT Naaldwijk
Tel: +31(0)174 623440
Fax: +31(0)174 623102
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-03-31 WUR report on extensive energy screen study now available
- 2017-03-30 "Decrease CO2 by controlling humidity"
- 2017-03-29 Lumigrow to demo Grow Light Sensor in upcoming webinar
- 2017-03-28 French tomato growers see good results with semi-closed greenhouses
- 2017-03-27 Auxiliary suppliers benefit from booming greenhouse industry
- 2017-03-24 The ins and outs of installing and maintaining cooling systems
- 2017-03-23 USDA webinar to demystify high tunnels
- 2017-03-22 MistTime can now be used as pulse irrigation system
- 2017-03-21 "HVAC's goal should be integrated control"
- 2017-03-20 Kazakhstan: 9.5 hectare Ultra-Clima opened in Almati
- 2017-03-17 Get the most out of your greenhouse poly
- 2017-03-16 Airflow below substrate reduces disease risk, optimizes drainage
- 2017-03-15 "NL: "Climate-neutral greenhouse will become reality"
- 2017-03-14 US(AZ): CEAC Seminar: Efficient CEA systems and electronic eyes
- 2017-03-13 Asia: Better growth in Vietnam with smart screen installation
- 2017-03-10 Humidity and greenhouse climate control
- 2017-03-09 Panama capitalizes on protected agriculture
- 2017-03-08 "South East Asia a more sophisticated market for fresh produce”"
- 2017-03-07 US (NY): Learn about northern climate vegetable production
- 2017-03-06 Climate control based on plant temperature is getting closer