- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
CAN (ON): Modular Farms releases pre-fabricated indoor farming system
“Indoor agriculture is becoming a very important trend in the food market and Modular Farms is poised to be a leader in this field moving forward,” said Eric Amyot, the company’s co-founder and CEO. “We’ve designed a scalable, modular, portable and self-contained indoor farming system that literally gets delivered on a truck and plugged in to start growing, with yields twice as high as any other farming system we’ve seen to date.”
“We specifically designed the farm system to work in the north of Canada. The food security problems there are problems we think we can help solve,” said Amyot, who has been on two trips to Canada’s north to try and help solve the food issues there. “By doing so, we’ve created a product that can work virtually anywhere in the world.”
Scalable and modular
The Modular Farm allows farmers to add on new growing modules in the future, such as a water-capture module, a storage module, a vestibule, a micro-green module and even a micro grid module.
“We want our farmers to know that they are capable of growing their business and adding modules in the future,” said Eric Bergeron, the company’s other co-founder and lead farmer. “The modules, which will be released in 2017, are specifically designed to allow farmers the flexibility to scale their business as needed.”
Modular Farms works with industry leading experts such as Intravision Light Systems of Norway and Canada, as well as Bright Agrotech from the USA. “The light system in our farm was specifically designed to maximize yields in the enclosed environment but also to work with the proven ZipGrow Tower growing system from Bright Agrotech,” added Amyot.
Production and pricing
The farms, which retail for between $125,000 and $150,000 CDN are ready for production and the company has already landed 32 units to manufacture in the coming year.
Modular Farms already has partnerships in Australia, Singapore and China to begin manufacturing the systems in those countries in 2017.
For more information:
Eric Amyot, CEO
217 Wilkinson Road
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-26 Singapore: Renewed library now features hydroponics room
- 2021-10-21 Teens for Food Justice program awarded 300k by USDA for hydroponic expansion
- 2021-10-20 Collaboration on 700 m2 pilot farm in China
- 2021-10-20 Tackling climate issues with low-resource consuming growing towers
- 2021-10-19 ‘It’s not as carbon-hungry’: UK’s largest sunlit vertical farm begins harvest
- 2021-10-19 Unmanned vertical farm in China: is this what the future looks like?
- 2021-10-15 "We can focus more on quality and how the product satisfies consumer needs”
- 2021-10-15 UK grower trials aeroponic propagation system
- 2021-10-13 Irish supermarket to sell hydroponic microgreens
- 2021-10-08 China: Why the growth cycle of rice can be split in half
- 2021-10-01 Todd P. Hanna announced as new COO
- 2021-09-22 This "glass tree" vertical farm could solve urban food deserts
- 2021-09-16 Chinese scientists grow rice that yields twice faster in hydroponic experiment
- 2021-09-02 Building facilities across Canada, as well as in Greater London and Copenhagen
- 2021-09-01 US (PA): Mobile lab brings aquaponics closer to society
- 2021-08-26 Fresh herbs from halls and bunkers
- 2021-08-26 "The base of our technology is R&D in product development"
- 2021-08-16 "We reduced the cost of cooling by just cooling the plant roots”
- 2021-07-08 Danish retail is committed to vertical crop products
- 2021-07-08 "Crops from the vertical farm have more flavor and a longer shelf life"