- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
- KUBO Group acquires cultivation systems and software branch of Codema
- Making LEDs and lower energy costs accessible to HPS-growers
- How to cool a greenhouse in the hot climate of Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and central Asia?
- "Mexico is a world leader in protected agriculture"
- Internet-based precision irrigation system shows promise for fresh-market tomato
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
US: Two Growtainers for Tulsa, OK Food Bank
The Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma is the largest, private hunger-relief organization in eastern Oklahoma. They provide food and other donated products to 450 Partner Programs in 24 counties of eastern Oklahoma. All together they provide more than 339,000 meals to hungry Oklahomans each week.
Their Food for Kids Program provides meals to children who might otherwise go without. The foodbank's Lobeck Taylor Culinary Family Foundation Trade Program offers a fresh start to low-income individuals, providing them with 16 weeks of culinary training in the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma’s Culinary Center.
Their Fresh Produce Program distributes fresh fruits and vegetables to their Partner Programs throughout Oklahoma. Access to fresh produce is often limited by grocery store access and budget restrictions for low income individuals. 25 percent of the food distributed by the Food Bank is fresh produce.
A few months ago, Eileen Bradshaw, Executive Director and Ryan Walker, Chief Operating Officer invited CEA Advisors' Glenn Behrman up for a visit. After spending a few hours at the Food Bank and seeing the work that this organization does, Glenn agreed to provide two Growtainers® at a substantially reduced price and to provide ongoing support for the Food Bank’s mission.
On Saturday, October 16, the first two Growtainers® were delivered and set up. Complete with energy efficient LED lighting, CEA’s proprietary Growrack™ system and climate and environmental controls, these indoor farms can produce a substantial amount of the Food Bank’s leafy greens requirements 12 months a year.
For more information on the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma, visit http://okfoodbank.org/
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-26 Singapore: Renewed library now features hydroponics room
- 2021-10-21 Teens for Food Justice program awarded 300k by USDA for hydroponic expansion
- 2021-10-20 Collaboration on 700 m2 pilot farm in China
- 2021-10-20 Tackling climate issues with low-resource consuming growing towers
- 2021-10-19 ‘It’s not as carbon-hungry’: UK’s largest sunlit vertical farm begins harvest
- 2021-10-19 Unmanned vertical farm in China: is this what the future looks like?
- 2021-10-15 "We can focus more on quality and how the product satisfies consumer needs”
- 2021-10-15 UK grower trials aeroponic propagation system
- 2021-10-13 Irish supermarket to sell hydroponic microgreens
- 2021-10-08 China: Why the growth cycle of rice can be split in half
- 2021-10-01 Todd P. Hanna announced as new COO
- 2021-09-22 This "glass tree" vertical farm could solve urban food deserts
- 2021-09-16 Chinese scientists grow rice that yields twice faster in hydroponic experiment
- 2021-09-02 Building facilities across Canada, as well as in Greater London and Copenhagen
- 2021-09-01 US (PA): Mobile lab brings aquaponics closer to society
- 2021-08-26 Fresh herbs from halls and bunkers
- 2021-08-26 "The base of our technology is R&D in product development"
- 2021-08-16 "We reduced the cost of cooling by just cooling the plant roots”
- 2021-07-08 Danish retail is committed to vertical crop products
- 2021-07-08 "Crops from the vertical farm have more flavor and a longer shelf life"