- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- Zimbabwe: 'Take advantage of demand for organic crops'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (NY): Bard College gets grant to renovate greenhouse
The greenhouse currently houses the mature plant collections that seasonally reside in and around the mansion and grounds of Montgomery Place. Herbs, ferns, tropical plants, succulents, container plants, small shrubs, and water plants are wintered over in this warmed space. Additionally, the Bard College Farm uses the space to start vegetable and flower seeds for the farm and Bard Prison Initiative.
With renovations, the greenhouse will be able to house a more diverse collection of mature plants that can be used for propagation and experiments. With upgrades to the electrical system, restoration of the original hot water system, repairs to the roof and glass panes, installation of phone, fiber optics, and Wi-Fi, as well as repairs that ensure all safety and accessibility codes are met, the use of the greenhouse can grow significantly.
The combined greenhouse and grounds at Montgomery Place will be able to serve as a unique outdoor and living classroom and can create opportunities for multiple programs at Bard and the community.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-07-20 Germencik area of Aydin grows with geothermal greenhouse investments
- 2017-07-21 India: Mango growers install greenhouse dryers
- 2017-07-20 Scottish tomato production revitalised
- 2017-07-19 Eco Energy Tech Asia expands into Europe
- 2017-07-18 Russia: Investors to bankroll huge greenhouse complex in Arctic city
- 2017-07-17 Cultivating under extreme conditions? Why not!
- 2017-07-14 Russian greenhouse construction projects: an update
- 2017-07-13 Where is my container with aluminium?
- 2017-07-12 US: Ohio-based GH Farms invests in $17 million hydroponic solar greenhouse
- 2017-07-11 Prins and Beijing Urban Construction woking on 3.3 ha project in China
- 2017-07-10 Russia: 120 million USD greenhouse planned in Lipetsk
- 2017-07-07 First ModulAIR greenhouse comes to United Kingdom
- 2017-07-06 US (NC): Real estate giant developing ag tech park
- 2017-07-05 Drone shows construction progress Tas Paprika
- 2017-07-04 How to choose a glazing material for a year round greenhouse
- 2017-07-03 Even more greenhouse construction this month!
- 2016-09-12 More light and cooler crops with powder coated screen installation
- 2016-07-22 Australia: After major setback, Maria's Farm hopes for completion with help of new investors
- 2016-07-21 France: 250,000 m² of ModulAIR greenhouses under construction
- 2016-07-20 US (NY): Bard College gets grant to renovate greenhouse