- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- Zimbabwe: 'Take advantage of demand for organic crops'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
fully automated off-grid greenhouse :
US: Ohio-based GH Farms invests in $17 million hydroponic solar greenhouse
Under terms of the agreement, Biodynamics will construct a 254,528 sq. ft. PV solar glass hydroponic vegetable greenhouse for GH Farms Group, with construction expected to start in the third quarter of 2018. The project, incorporating Biodynamics’ fully automated off-grid greenhouse technology, will cultivate vegetables hydroponically using Biodynamics’ proprietary controlled environment agriculture (CEA) growing systems and techniques.
“We welcome this opportunity to show that our greenhouses are the market’s best – climate-controlled by a positive pressure HVAC system with water and nutrients managed by an IBM Watson AI computer-automated irrigation system,” noted Trisha Madden, CEO of Biodynamics.
“We are very pleased to be moving forward with the vegetable-growing sector of our operations,” said Greengro Technologies CEO James Haas. “Our indoor growing technologies have enormous potential across many types of agriculture applications and we expect to become a major competitor in the space.”
Haas noted that Biodynamics’ unique PV solar glass hydroponic greenhouses are an environmentally beneficial and economically lucrative alternative to traditional farming methods that are stressful to the environment and present growers with significant operational and economic challenges.
Separately, Greengro Technologies announced progress with a $25 million project signed in February 2017 with Global Renewable Resources (GRR), Shaker Heights, Ohio. The City of Warren, Ohio’s Mayor William D. Franklin recently committed the needed land to develop the project. “The backers of this project are not shy about their intentions to confront the disturbing trend of population decline in this region,” said Franklin. “With careful attention paid to the realities of our current commercial environment, this project helps to inject new opportunities in the community because it has the capability to create exceptional produce and services for a growing market. I support this development and look forward to working with GRR to realize the full potential of this project through land assembly and other supports.”
GRR is a startup specializing in sustainable technologies and renewable energy. After securing the land for the greenhouse project from the City of Warren, GRR management is currently working on completing the project’s capital raise, expected to be closed by the end of second quarter of 2018.
In other news, Greengro has completed all project planning for the Foodraiser Project in Columbus, Ohio as contracted, and is currently waiting for Foodraiser management to respond with a timeline for the completion of land acquisition and financing.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-07-20 Germencik area of Aydin grows with geothermal greenhouse investments
- 2017-07-21 India: Mango growers install greenhouse dryers
- 2017-07-20 Scottish tomato production revitalised
- 2017-07-19 Eco Energy Tech Asia expands into Europe
- 2017-07-18 Russia: Investors to bankroll huge greenhouse complex in Arctic city
- 2017-07-17 Cultivating under extreme conditions? Why not!
- 2017-07-14 Russian greenhouse construction projects: an update
- 2017-07-13 Where is my container with aluminium?
- 2017-07-12 US: Ohio-based GH Farms invests in $17 million hydroponic solar greenhouse
- 2017-07-11 Prins and Beijing Urban Construction woking on 3.3 ha project in China
- 2017-07-10 Russia: 120 million USD greenhouse planned in Lipetsk
- 2017-07-07 First ModulAIR greenhouse comes to United Kingdom
- 2017-07-06 US (NC): Real estate giant developing ag tech park
- 2017-07-05 Drone shows construction progress Tas Paprika
- 2017-07-04 How to choose a glazing material for a year round greenhouse
- 2017-07-03 Even more greenhouse construction this month!
- 2016-09-12 More light and cooler crops with powder coated screen installation
- 2016-07-22 Australia: After major setback, Maria's Farm hopes for completion with help of new investors
- 2016-07-21 France: 250,000 m² of ModulAIR greenhouses under construction
- 2016-07-20 US (NY): Bard College gets grant to renovate greenhouse