- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
World's largest rooftop farm in Chicago
Gotham Greens' fourth greenhouse facility represents a massive expansion for the company, and its first outside of New York. The 75,000 sq ft Chicago greenhouse, located on the rooftop of Method Products manufacturing facility, is powered by 100% renewable energy, employs over 50 workers, many from the Pullman community, and will produce nearly 10 million annual crops of leafy greens and herbs.
Gotham Greens' local produce will be available in select national and local retailers across the Chicagoland area including Whole Foods Market, Peapod, Treasure Island, Sunset Foods, Plum Market, Target, and others. In addition, the company has partnered on programs with various Chicago institutions including the Greater Chicago Food Depository, Greater Roseland West Pullman Food Network, Pilot Light, Chicago Botanical Garden's Windy City Harvest and more.
Gotham Greens' proprietary growing methods yield up to 30 times more crop per acre than field production, enabling the Pullman greenhouse to produce yields equivalent to over 50 acres of conventional field production. Because Gotham Greens recycles 100% of its irrigation water, it also uses 10 times less water than conventional agriculture. By growingly locally, Gotham Greens eliminates the food waste and environmental footprint linked to shipping produce long distances.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 "Groupage transport from Spain to the Netherlands is increasingly tricky"
- 2023-12-07 New top seal pack introduced for leafy greens
- 2023-12-06 Another expansion for Canadian propagator
- 2023-12-06 Malaysia: Agro aid for Hydroponic innnovation, entrepreneurial growth
- 2023-12-06 "What we are going to do here is unique"
- 2023-12-06 Closing greenhouses in Kazakhstan: problems, culprits, and solutions
- 2023-12-05 Inmates will work in the greenhouse in Amasya prison, Turkey
- 2023-12-05 95% of greenhouses in Turkmenistan specialize in tomato production
- 2023-12-05 Ukraine: Greenhouse complex using geothermal energy will be built for EUR 68 mln in Lviv region
- 2023-12-04 Mongolia: 22-ha greenhouse to be completed before year end
- 2023-12-04 Storm causes significant damage to greenhouses in Konya, Turkey
- 2023-12-04 Greenhouse vegetable growers in Kazakhstan can receive 25% subsidies
- 2023-12-01 Liberia: Solidaridad constructs the first post-war cocoa greenhouse
- 2023-12-01 Conviction in fraudulent funds for aquaponic project
- 2023-11-30 Greenhouse grower receives award for ‘Together’ campaign
- 2023-11-30 US (IN): Lilly greenhouses to be remodeled as ‘Purdue Moves’ forward in research