- Key Account Manager Horticulture - Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Operations manager - Berlin area, Germany
- Key Account Manager Horticulture - Netherlands
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers | Kenya
- General Manager (Horticulture Farm) | Kenya
- Floral Designer - Floral Direct. Carle Place, NY (Long Island, USA)
- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
- Market Manager - Horticulture, USA
- Procurement and Marketing Manager - Kenya
- Head Grower - Bahrain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Russia seeks Dutch help in food production
Russia wants technology and knowledge.
Due to the European food boycott, Russia has been forced to improve its own food supply. The Netherlands is a leader in the development of agricultural technology and is currently the second food exporter in the world after the United States. Therefore, Russia is providing many agricultural companies from the Netherlands with grants to invest in Russia. Dutch farmers can also get free farmland to set up a company in Russia.
Dutch greenhouse builders are increasingly exporting to other countries. Exports to Russia annually yield about 200 million euros. Dutch consultants from greenhouses are in Russia more often and for longer periods. They assist with the production of fruit and vegetables and making sure the Dutch greenhouses give the highest yields.
So Dutch farmers and businesses can make money in Russia, but it is not easy, according to Galema, a Friesian dairy farmer. "In view of Russian culture and the bureaucracy, it is useful to have a reliable Russian co-owner. Or at least a Russian partner who speaks the language and knows the culture," says Galema. Hij has spent years in finding a reliable Russian partner, which, according to him is essential to doing business in Russia.
Lely, the largest producer and exporter of milking robots in the world, is participating in the Galema's project. Lely will supply 20 milking robots. They want to show Russia that the Dutch technology can also operate efficiently for very large companies.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-10-16 Russia seeks Dutch help in food production
- 2015-07-23 NABC organizes trade mission to Ghana
- 2015-07-22 Dow implements sustainable agriculture in Brazil as part of carbon mitigation program for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 2015-07-21 Netherlands: Economic trade mission to Turkey planned
- 2015-07-20 AU: Katunga project begins to take shape
- 2015-07-17 Dutch soil doctor brings Spanish desert to life
- 2015-07-16 "Ambitions without borders"
- 2015-07-15 US (MN): Bayer CropScience opens SeedGrowth Center
- 2015-07-10 "Pioneering in Chinese greenhouses"
- 2015-07-09 Australia: Costa Exchange chooses Nitea systems
- 2015-07-06 Blooming Australian greenhouse industry gathers in Gold Coast
- 2015-07-03 CultivAPP begins its internationalization in Kenya