Benjamin Franklin is quoted saying, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” When considering this quote for the commercial greenhouse operation, it should come as no surprise that preparing for the next growing season is an important task as it sets the tone for the entire season. Starting off on the wrong root will cause problems to arise and a rocky start to the season for both operator and plants. Any issue no matter how small it may seem, has the potential to create enough problems to cause growth delays and poor overall quality of the crop. The good news is that an operation has the ability to create an excellent growing environment each growing season through a few simple steps. Concentration for the operation should be on cleaning, sanitation, restocking, and maintenance.
- Executive Officer - Brisbane, Australia
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Greenhouse Manager - Carlisle (PA) USA
- Electricians / Irrigation Technicians International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Regional Sales Manager - LED Horticulture / Benelux and France
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Export Development Manager - Avocados Australia, Brisbane
- Chief Commercial Officer - Las Vegas (Nevada) USA
- Sales Executive
- Retail Sales Manager - Remote position, most likely located in the US
Top 5 -last week
- The effects of the Spirulina extract on hydroponics
- "More companies are looking for products dedicated to hydroponics"
- Hydroponics on a yacht
- "The raft is important, of course, but ultimately it’s all about water quality"
- "Chinese horticulture currently goes through a similar development as the internet did in 2002"
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-11-27 Pandemic drives drives purchases of pre-packed produce
- 2020-11-26 What influence do carbon compounds have on the growth of biofilm?
- 2020-11-25 What's the effect of using disinfectants on cultivation gutters?
- 2020-11-24 Pipe rail trolleys in need of cleaning
- 2020-11-24 'Spring cleaning' in bell pepper greenhouse
- 2020-11-23 Human transmission important part of greenhouse cleanliness
- 2020-11-20 AppHarvest plants first tomato crop
- 2020-11-20 CAN (BC): KPU researchers receive NSERC award for biopesticides
- 2020-11-19 Turning the page to the next growing season
- 2020-11-18 Trianum: Not a picky fungus
- 2020-11-17 Prevention of droplets inside plastic greenhouse results in 80% reduction of fungicide use
- 2020-11-16 Mat mounds
- 2020-11-13 Propagation Solutions
- 2020-11-13 Spical: The effective weapon against all types of spider mite
- 2020-11-12 "The right washing program and detergent guarantee killing of the virus on clothing"
- 2020-11-11 Researchers might have found a way for plants to strike back at viruses
- 2020-11-11 "The most effective programs are founded on preventative action"
- 2020-11-10 Conference shows importance of plant health in protecting horticulture industry, environment
- 2020-11-10 Newly reared Aphidius Ervi strain strong tool against aphids
- 2020-11-09 "Grafting with more resistant rootstocks tool in fighting ToBRFV"