Benjamin Franklin is quoted saying, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” When considering this quote for the commercial greenhouse operation, it should come as no surprise that preparing for the next growing season is an important task as it sets the tone for the entire season. Starting off on the wrong root will cause problems to arise and a rocky start to the season for both operator and plants. Any issue no matter how small it may seem, has the potential to create enough problems to cause growth delays and poor overall quality of the crop. The good news is that an operation has the ability to create an excellent growing environment each growing season through a few simple steps. Concentration for the operation should be on cleaning, sanitation, restocking, and maintenance.
- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
- 12 horticultural robots to keep an eye out for
- O’Hanlon Fresh Herbs improves crop production with innovative rolling gutter system
- Autonomous UV-C robotic technology coming to market for powdery mildew control in greenhouses
- "With the right tools, the grower can control more and larger greenhouses simultaneously"
- HS Evolution Pot increases strawberry cultivation in customised substrate
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-11-30 Turning the page to the next growing season - preparing growing area and facility
- 2020-11-27 Pandemic drives drives purchases of pre-packed produce
- 2020-11-26 What influence do carbon compounds have on the growth of biofilm?
- 2020-11-25 What's the effect of using disinfectants on cultivation gutters?
- 2020-11-24 Pipe rail trolleys in need of cleaning
- 2020-11-24 'Spring cleaning' in bell pepper greenhouse
- 2020-11-23 Human transmission important part of greenhouse cleanliness
- 2020-11-20 AppHarvest plants first tomato crop
- 2020-11-20 CAN (BC): KPU researchers receive NSERC award for biopesticides
- 2020-11-19 Turning the page to the next growing season
- 2020-11-18 Trianum: Not a picky fungus
- 2020-11-17 Prevention of droplets inside plastic greenhouse results in 80% reduction of fungicide use
- 2020-11-16 Mat mounds
- 2020-11-13 Propagation Solutions
- 2020-11-13 Spical: The effective weapon against all types of spider mite
- 2020-11-12 "The right washing program and detergent guarantee killing of the virus on clothing"
- 2020-11-11 Researchers might have found a way for plants to strike back at viruses
- 2020-11-11 "The most effective programs are founded on preventative action"
- 2020-11-10 Conference shows importance of plant health in protecting horticulture industry, environment
- 2020-11-10 Newly reared Aphidius Ervi strain strong tool against aphids