Benjamin Franklin is quoted saying, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” When considering this quote for the commercial greenhouse operation, it should come as no surprise that preparing for the next growing season is an important task as it sets the tone for the entire season. Starting off on the wrong root will cause problems to arise and a rocky start to the season for both operator and plants. Any issue no matter how small it may seem, has the potential to create enough problems to cause growth delays and poor overall quality of the crop. The good news is that an operation has the ability to create an excellent growing environment each growing season through a few simple steps. Concentration for the operation should be on cleaning, sanitation, restocking, and maintenance.
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-11-30 Turning the page to the next growing season - preparing growing area and facility
- 2020-11-27 Pandemic drives drives purchases of pre-packed produce
- 2020-11-26 What influence do carbon compounds have on the growth of biofilm?
- 2020-11-25 What's the effect of using disinfectants on cultivation gutters?
- 2020-11-24 Pipe rail trolleys in need of cleaning
- 2020-11-24 'Spring cleaning' in bell pepper greenhouse
- 2020-11-23 Human transmission important part of greenhouse cleanliness
- 2020-11-20 AppHarvest plants first tomato crop
- 2020-11-20 CAN (BC): KPU researchers receive NSERC award for biopesticides
- 2020-11-19 Turning the page to the next growing season
- 2020-11-18 Trianum: Not a picky fungus
- 2020-11-17 Prevention of droplets inside plastic greenhouse results in 80% reduction of fungicide use
- 2020-11-16 Mat mounds
- 2020-11-13 Propagation Solutions
- 2020-11-13 Spical: The effective weapon against all types of spider mite
- 2020-11-12 "The right washing program and detergent guarantee killing of the virus on clothing"
- 2020-11-11 Researchers might have found a way for plants to strike back at viruses
- 2020-11-11 "The most effective programs are founded on preventative action"
- 2020-11-10 Conference shows importance of plant health in protecting horticulture industry, environment
- 2020-11-10 Newly reared Aphidius Ervi strain strong tool against aphids