- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
US (WA): MCOA completes financing for cultivation facility
Per the terms of the agreement and the completion of funding, the Company has secured a 50% equity stake in BV-MCOA Management, LLC and will receive 50% of the net profits from leasing the facility, which will accommodate a contracted cannabis production and processing tenant with an approved Tier 3, I-502 license. As turnkey landlords, MCOA and BV look to provide an ideal cultivation environment for their future tenant and it is anticipated that construction of the greenhouse will be completed in Q1 2018.
On November 1, 2017, the Company entered into a second Securities Purchase Agreement with St. George. The Secured Convertible Promissory Note has a principal amount of $601,420.00 with the right to purchase at any time on or after November 1, 2017, until November 1, 2022, twenty-two million (22,000,000) shares of Company’s common stock.
Donald Steinberg, MCOA CEO said, “We are pleased to complete funding for this joint venture and we are looking forward to the beginning of the construction of the greenhouses. As more states, most notably California in 2018, legalize recreational cannabis, MCOA is exploring opportunities to replicate this business model and develop our real estate portfolio.”
This joint venture project is solely for the purpose of cultivation and processing of legal marijuana within the State of Washington only and not beyond its borders. The Company will lease the turnkey property to the licensed tenant, thus acting solely as a landlord.
The original terms of the JV agreement with BV called for MCOA to fund $1,050,000 in cash. Both parties agreed to reduce the cash amount to $800,000 and issue 15 million shares of restricted common stock on November 7, 2017.
For more information:
Marijuana Company of America
5256 S. Mission Road, #703-314
Bonsall, CA 92003
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-24 Heart Research Institute looks at ways vegetables could treat strokes
- 2021-12-13 CAN: Companies seek approval for C-19 vaccine, using plants to express proteins needed
- 2020-04-10 Spain approves hiring 80,000 unemployed and immigrants to cover farm shortfall
- 2020-03-31 US (PA): Harrisburg University still running aquaponics lab, donating produce during virus outbreak
- 2019-04-01 HortiDaily starts MMJDaily.com
- 2019-03-25 Aphria shows automation in new video
- 2019-03-06 CEA Advisors forms new division focused on cannabis industry
- 2019-03-05 Denmark: Spectrum Cannabis ready for sale in autumn
- 2019-03-05 CA (BC): Cannabis grower gets permit for growing facility
- 2019-03-01 "I think the Netherlands can become the Champagne region of cannabis"
- 2019-02-27 Belgium takes first step towards legalization of medicinal cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-25 Canada: 'World's largest indoor organic hemp CBD grower' setting up in Manitoba
- 2019-02-14 Sustainability and the cultivation of quality cannabis
- 2019-02-11 Canopy Growth to inject 30 million CDN in additional capital into Canopy Rivers
- 2019-02-08 US (CA): Cannabis Research Center to explore environmental, social impacts of legalization
- 2019-02-08 Humidity in cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-01 MMJ exports get approval from Israel cabinet
- 2019-01-31 US: Cannabis company files bankruptcy
- 2019-01-28 "Victoria is the medicinal cannabis capital of Australia"
- 2019-01-28 Denmark: TGOD and Knud Jepsen complete cannabis joint ventures