- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Azerbaijan has great potential for vegetable exports"
- Results from intra-canopy lighting study published
- "VPD tells you how a plant is feeling"
- "Gas prices are high, so we’ve halted part of our production"
- "It is very frustrating as we have the land, we have the water, we have the sun but no labor"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
CAN (ON): ErfGoed invests in Lincoln
The relationship with ErfGoed is a direct result of the Netherlands delegation by Lincoln’s Council and staff in fall of 2016. The delegation served to identify the role that agriculture can play in tourism, build relationships with foreign-based business, develop better understanding of new or innovative technologies, the difference the horticulture sector can make in a community – what is each of their role, and enhanced and expanded government relations.
ErfGoed is a key supplier to many Lincoln and Niagara-based greenhouses. With direct land acquisition, ErfGoed will continue to grow and expand its business in Lincoln.
Front Row (L to R): Jim Bartkiw, Bartkiw Farms; Councillor Dave Thompson; Mayor Sandra Easton; Peter Vos, ErfGoed; Ton Akkerman, Dutch Embassy; Peter Van Beurdon, Westland Greenhouse; Arie Koole, Creekside
Back Row: Arjan Van Dam, ErfGoed; Representatives from various Lincoln and Niagara greenhouses (Spring Valley – Jonathan Van Koeveringe, Orchard Park – Karl & Gerard Schouwenaar, Dutch Flower House – Jaap Van Stalduuinnen, Myers Farms – Aron Hof)
In 2014, the Council identified economic development as a priority. Lincoln has one of the most diversified economies in Niagara. The Council has seen the importance of ensuring the long-term sustainability of any community falls with its focus on ensuring that its community is varied in terms of opportunity and is also a complete community – one where people can live, work, play and grow.
“ErfGoed’s decision to invest in Lincoln sends a clear message that our community has a lot to offer. Our priority is to grow and diversify our economy, and this investment solidifies the importance of building international relationships that promote our community as investment ready”, Mayor Sandra Easton commented.
“We are thrilled that ErfGoed has chosen Lincoln as their first location in North America. We understand that to create economic growth in our community we need to create a business climate that is open, competitive and growing; Erfgoed’s investment proves that Lincoln is on the right track”, said Michael Kirkopoulos, Chief Administrative Officer.
“We’ve chosen Lincoln, a vibrant horticultural community, for our first North American facility, because of its strategic location within the Greenbelt. Quick and easy access to transportation networks and our customers throughout the Niagara Region, made Lincoln a natural home four our business. The town of Lincoln staff and Council were instrumental in helping us establish our operations in town", Hugo Paans, Owner and CEO, ErfGoed, said.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 Training on phenotyping and data management in Thailand
- 2017-10-30 Mexico: Room for improvement with efficient water storage systems
- 2017-10-27 'On the way to PlanetProof' replaces Milieukeur as of 1.1.2019
- 2017-10-26 NL: International workshop on natural light & covering materials
- 2017-10-24 Koppert presents new edition of book Knowing & Recognizing
- 2017-10-23 US (NV): Suppliers unite for educational summit at MJBizCon
- 2017-10-20 Emerging horticultural research and education opportunities in Myanmar
- 2017-10-19 50 years of experience in free Hoogendoorn & Koppert webinar
- 2017-10-18 The high-end approach towards indoor cultivation
- 2017-10-17 "All coir products under one roof"
- 2017-10-16 US (MI): License application and educational how-to sessions at LARA and BMMR
- 2017-10-13 Agrobio hosts EUCLID annual meeting in Almeria
- 2017-10-12 New sales team CODEMA B-E De Lier BVBA, Belgium
- 2017-10-11 Australia: Survey to help shape on-farm energy action in Victoria
- 2017-10-10 1st Edition of Bakker Brothers' International Open Days
- 2017-10-09 Include your free listing in the HortiDaily FloralDaily Greenhouse Guide
- 2017-10-06 Danish trailer rental company enters the Netherlands
- 2017-10-05 CAN (ON): ErfGoed invests in Lincoln
- 2017-10-04 US (LA): Listening session held on new farm bill
- 2017-10-03 Spain joins Dutch initiative Lean&Green