- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Koppert presents new edition of book Knowing & Recognizing
‘Knowing and recognizing’ received a massive make-over over the past year and now counts 443 pages of revised and updated information, dozens of illustrations on the life cycles, and 700 photographs of the most prevalent pests, diseases and their natural solutions.
The book was launched to coincide with the company’s jubilee year as part of its 50th anniversary celebrations. As keynote speaker at the ABIM this year, Koppert’s Managing Director Paul Koppert personally presented Willem Ravensberg, President of IBMA, with the first edition. Ravensberg: ‘The use of biocontrol is not a simple process it has become a complex system in which many aspects need to be considered. This new and expanded edition of Knowing and recognizing will give professionals in horticulture and agriculture an important tool when it comes to understanding and implementing biological crop protection.'
Paul Koppert explains why the book is important for the company: ‘Koppert believes that sharing knowledge can play an important role towards achieving 100% sustainable horticulture and agriculture. This reference book will help the company to project this aspect of our work.'
The first edition of ‘Knowing and recognizing’ was published 25 years ago, with the last update published in 2003. According to Managing Director Henri Oosthoek previous editions of the book have travelled far and wide: 'I even found a copy in Sudan last year. It is a wonderful ambassador for what we do and what we stand for.'
The new edition of this trusted growers' guide is the biggest to date, partly because of the new section on microbiology – an increasingly important component of biological crop protection.
The English version of ‘Knowing and recognizing’ can be ordered as of 1 November through the Koppert website. There are plans for translations and digital access to a number of chapters in the future.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 Training on phenotyping and data management in Thailand
- 2017-10-30 Mexico: Room for improvement with efficient water storage systems
- 2017-10-27 'On the way to PlanetProof' replaces Milieukeur as of 1.1.2019
- 2017-10-26 NL: International workshop on natural light & covering materials
- 2017-10-24 Koppert presents new edition of book Knowing & Recognizing
- 2017-10-23 US (NV): Suppliers unite for educational summit at MJBizCon
- 2017-10-20 Emerging horticultural research and education opportunities in Myanmar
- 2017-10-19 50 years of experience in free Hoogendoorn & Koppert webinar
- 2017-10-18 The high-end approach towards indoor cultivation
- 2017-10-17 "All coir products under one roof"
- 2017-10-16 US (MI): License application and educational how-to sessions at LARA and BMMR
- 2017-10-13 Agrobio hosts EUCLID annual meeting in Almeria
- 2017-10-12 New sales team CODEMA B-E De Lier BVBA, Belgium
- 2017-10-11 Australia: Survey to help shape on-farm energy action in Victoria
- 2017-10-10 1st Edition of Bakker Brothers' International Open Days
- 2017-10-09 Include your free listing in the HortiDaily FloralDaily Greenhouse Guide
- 2017-10-06 Danish trailer rental company enters the Netherlands
- 2017-10-05 CAN (ON): ErfGoed invests in Lincoln
- 2017-10-04 US (LA): Listening session held on new farm bill
- 2017-10-03 Spain joins Dutch initiative Lean&Green