- Crop specialist Horticulture (Roses)
- North American Salesperson - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical Sales Agronomist - Switzerland
- International Retail Account Manager Fruit
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Fruit
- Territory Account Manager - Texas, Colorado, and the Toronto/Niagara area of Canada
- National Development Manager, Bravo(TM) Apples - Australia
- Greenhouse Head Grower and Manager - Canada
- Greenhouse operations manager - Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
'Explore Bejo's taste' provides a special experience
The dining event was opened with a warm welcome from Christine Jong, Area Business Manager Western Europe. She talked about the purpose of the evening, and the issues that Bejo faces as a seed improvement company. Christine: ‘Of course we take the wishes of our growers into account, they are our principal target group. But alongside yield and resistance to diseases, we also take into account the wishes of our partners further on in the chain, like the processing industry/trade, retailers and consumers.’
Marketing & Communication Advisor Daniëlle Bruin then explained the Bejo concepts Coolwrap [cabbage rolls], Kohrispy [kohlrabi snacks], Delicioni [fresh onion] and Cool carrot candy [snack carrot]. The lettuce crop, new for Bejo, was not overlooked of course! Angélique incorporated the various Bejo crops and concepts into her dishes. She also has a unique perspective on crops, which she underscored with a ‘flavour graphic’ using carrots and onions.
The high point of the evening was the food painting. Angélique put on an extraordinary show culminating in a fantastic taste experience for the attendees. The food painting was served to the attendees in pieces. Bejo’s concepts and flavour continued to be the topic of discussion at the dinner table, therefore, the reactions were very positive! The participants were clearly given a different outlook on the processing of vegetables.
The attendees from various European countries and the US enjoyed an excellent networking evening. Chain specialist Carmen Mäder, Bejo Germany, looked back with satisfaction on a successful evening: ‘Our goal to bring various international partners from the chain, from grower to retailer, together and put them in contact with each other was achieved. Angélique Schmeinck’s exceptional contribution was much talked about.'
Click here for our photo report.
For more information:
1749 CZ Warmenhuizen
1749 ZH Warmenhuizen
T +31(0)226 - 39 61 62
F +31(0)226 - 39 35 04
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-03-01 Greenhouse Canada Grower Day slated for June 21
- 2017-02-28 Panama once again home to 2nd International CEA Congress
- 2017-02-27 LED forges ahead at the HortiContact
- 2017-02-24 US (PA): Spanish growers enjoy fruit and veg workshop
- 2017-02-23 “It’s essential that we all work together”
- 2017-02-22 'Explore Bejo's taste' provides a special experience
- 2017-02-21 New tomato concept from HM.Clause at Fruit Logistica
- 2017-02-20 Hazera’s vegetable crops displayed at Fruit Logistica
- 2017-02-17 Photo Report 2017 Fruit Logistica
- 2017-02-14 Family business Apollo Group celebrates 170th anniversary
- 2017-02-10 Italian group announce new 13 hectare hydroponic project in Tuscany
- 2017-02-09 Over 22 million Wood-Look crates shipped in 2016
- 2017-02-08 Italy: Halys Protecta net by Arrigoni
- 2017-02-07 Beekenkamp launches movie for BE-Cube palletbox
- 2017-02-06 "Being the standard is only half our story"
- 2017-02-03 NL: Yellow courgettes herald the coming spring at Van Nature
- 2017-02-02 Organic breakfast for the chain at Fruit Logistica
- 2017-02-01 presence of neonicotinoids important to buyers
- 2017-01-31 "Hazera puts partnership first at Fruit Logistica"
- 2017-01-30 Berry production system with oscillating gutters to be presented at Fruit Logistica