- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
CAN: Affinor Growers' Nick Brusatore moves into marijuana
They partnered with Nick Brusatore, a design expert in the commercial production of plants using vertical growing technology to fully automate and accommodate low cost production with high level of quality and replication data for pharma use.
Brusatore was the Chairman of the Applied Research Board for a few years starting in 2007 at The British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) while extracting secondary metabolites for cancer research. Nick was also nominated for the award of excellence in Canada for agriculture in 2012 for technology and was the early pioneer in the vertical farming space starting his designing back in 2000.
Nick was the initial funder and founder of Affinor Growers the current holder of two global vertical farming patents. Mr Brusatore is still currently working as a consultant for Affinor Growers, as well as funding the technology in a state of the art facility under construction for strawberries on his 10.6 acre property in Abbotsford BC.
The new tobacco initiative plans to launch a public entity in January of 2017 to accommodate high volume marijuana cigarette packaging for current Federal Producers and help them get ready to compete under the new class 2 believed to be coming soon with cigarette law Bill C-71 prevailing. The company also plans to private label and enable large alcohol, beer and other tobacco Industry colleagues to join the quest of in the new Marijuana Markets in Canada.
Nick Brusatore comments: "My Great Grandfather and Grandfather would be proud right about now as our family was alcohol retailers in the 30s when it was medical alcohol. My roots have been the subject of change and now I have been mobilized as history repeats itself accept this time with cannabis. I am excited to help drive this program with Federal Producers and other tobacco and alcohol companies. I hope to help clarify and lobby with industry to educate up and be prepared for retail distribution, taxation and all bylaws emerging as we potentially fall into final phase of class 2. This should be one of the most exciting companies to watch on the market due to the wild speculation in the arena and the strategic moves about to be made."
Kevin Kohanik comments: "We are cautiously excited to be the first tobacco company in Canada to begin this quest and feel the time is right to begin set up and await the opportunity that we have been waiting for a long time. We have been in negotiations with Mr Brusatore for a little over a year now and believe he is the right guy to handle this job for us. His knowledge of mass production and reach goes much further than people may realize and we look forward to working together to get this job done."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-24 Heart Research Institute looks at ways vegetables could treat strokes
- 2021-12-13 CAN: Companies seek approval for C-19 vaccine, using plants to express proteins needed
- 2020-04-10 Spain approves hiring 80,000 unemployed and immigrants to cover farm shortfall
- 2020-03-31 US (PA): Harrisburg University still running aquaponics lab, donating produce during virus outbreak
- 2019-04-01 HortiDaily starts MMJDaily.com
- 2019-03-25 Aphria shows automation in new video
- 2019-03-06 CEA Advisors forms new division focused on cannabis industry
- 2019-03-05 Denmark: Spectrum Cannabis ready for sale in autumn
- 2019-03-05 CA (BC): Cannabis grower gets permit for growing facility
- 2019-03-01 "I think the Netherlands can become the Champagne region of cannabis"
- 2019-02-27 Belgium takes first step towards legalization of medicinal cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-25 Canada: 'World's largest indoor organic hemp CBD grower' setting up in Manitoba
- 2019-02-14 Sustainability and the cultivation of quality cannabis
- 2019-02-11 Canopy Growth to inject 30 million CDN in additional capital into Canopy Rivers
- 2019-02-08 Humidity in cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-08 US (CA): Cannabis Research Center to explore environmental, social impacts of legalization
- 2019-02-01 MMJ exports get approval from Israel cabinet
- 2019-01-31 US: Cannabis company files bankruptcy
- 2019-01-28 "Victoria is the medicinal cannabis capital of Australia"
- 2019-01-28 Denmark: TGOD and Knud Jepsen complete cannabis joint ventures