- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
Special year overview January, Part Two:
Mitshubishi sponsors tomato farm
Jan Engelen, Veiling Hoogstraten
"Even more Belgium growers are to choose tomato specialties"
The Belgium auction Veiling Hoogstraten produced 19.3 million kilos of tomato specialties in 2015 and that's an increase of 54.8% compared to 2014. "There was tremendous growth in specialties, and we expect an even higher volume this year," says Jan Engelen from Veiling Hoogstraten.
Canada: First generation farmers Duffy and Jordan share their story
Brothers Duffy and Jordan Kniaziew are first generation farmers and local entrepreneurs who are transforming their family-owned business. What started as a small greenhouse in 1997 has since evolved into Zing! Healthy Foods.
Mitshubishi sponsors tomato farm
Japan: First crops in at Minamisoma Tomato Farm in Fukushima
Minamisoma Fukko Agri KK, a small agro-business enterprise in Fukushima, Japan, held an opening ceremony to mark the start of cultivation at its tomato farm. The launch of this operation was made possible by financial assistance by Mitshubishi.
Simple solution to prevent huge damages to screen system
A failure in a screen installation can cause considerable damage. Not only the pull wires, but also nylon threads and fabric regularly suffer. The technicians at Peter Dekker Installations (PDI) can prevent this with a protective system on the axis.
Less stem splitting at Windset Farms thanks to clever Twinhook
Since February 2015, Winset Farms has been using the Twinhook to prevent splitting in their topped tomato plants. We spoke to Tony Stevens, senior grower at WindSet Farms.“Topped tomato plants carry the risk of stem splitting. Tomatoes on the vine – which we grow – are the worst variety for that.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-12-22 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-21 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-20 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-19 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-18 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-15 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-14 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-13 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-12 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-08 Ho Ho Ho Christmas Photo
- 2017-12-08 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-07 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-06 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-05 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-04 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-01 Special Year Overview
- 2016-12-23 December 2016: Lit cultivation takes off in UK, Canada and the U.S.
- 2016-12-22 November 2016: Votes for Trump, Marijuana and Organic Hydroponics
- 2016-12-21 Canadian industry makes headlines in HortiDaily
- 2016-12-20 Will indepence in seed industry remain an uphill battle?