- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- Stackable planters designed for aeroponic and hydroponic crops
- Heating mats to maximize plant nursery yields
- Illegally connected greenhouse in Romitan cost the district 437 million
- Ocean-going vessels to capture CO2 for greenhouses
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Remember these? Special Year Overview
France: Belgian growers invest in 9 hectare greenhouse in Arques
Two Belgian growers have big plans to supply locally grown greenhouse tomatoes North of Paris. Jonas and Kevin Vandevelde have invested €15 million in a 9 hectare greenhouse farm in Arques.
Italians inaugurate sophisticated residual heat greenhouse
In the last years more than 1000 bio-gas plants were built up in the Po Valley (Northern Italy) to treat by fermentation the waste products of cows and pigs farming and agriculture biomass.
European know-how sprouts Chinese agricultural parks
Last July, a Chinese delegation visited several Dutch greenhouse growers and suppliers as part of a special orientation mission from Chinese greenhouse builder Beijing Kingpeng.
These fibre pads claim to store and release ethylene on demand
A Swiss strawberry grower is currently trialing fibre pads to reduce the amount of harmful ethylene gasses in their greenhouses. Eubo Swiss, a 1.5 hectare strawberry grower that previously cultivated tomatoes, noted that their young plants suffered from high ethylene levels in early crop stages.
Italian strawberry grower opts for raisable gutter system
If a market is performing well, innovation is around the corner. Also in Italy, where growers are not only investing in new greenhouse acreage, but also in more efficient production systems. For example at Bra' Ortofrutta.
"Pure Sunfarms can be the low-cost cannabis producer in Canada"
Village Farms's marijuana joint venture with Emerald Health Therapeutics is named Pure Sunfarms Corp. This was announced yesterday in the greenhouse grower's Second Quarter Report.
Canadian industry braces for minimum wage hike
The Canadian greenhouse industry will definitely feel the impact of the increase of minimum wages. Especially in Ontario, British Columbia and Alberta. The scheduled minimum wage changes are the largest in 45 years.
European organic discussion hits rock bottom
The giant expansion of the Spanish organic greenhouse vegetable acreage has resulted in some consternation in Holland. About 1,000 hectares of organic Spanish greenhouse vegetables seem to be cultivated in greenhouses that where built on a rock bottom in which the growers have deposited soil from other places.
A visit to Mans Organics in Coaldale, Alberta:
Canada: The challenge of running a small scale family farm
More demand for locally grown organic produce creates opportunities for small-scale family farms in Canada. Yet, increasing minimum wages and rising energy costs also make it a challenging adventure for some.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-12-22 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-21 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-20 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-19 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-18 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-15 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-14 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-13 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-12 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-08 Ho Ho Ho Christmas Photo
- 2017-12-08 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-07 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-06 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-05 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-04 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-01 Special Year Overview
- 2016-12-23 December 2016: Lit cultivation takes off in UK, Canada and the U.S.
- 2016-12-22 November 2016: Votes for Trump, Marijuana and Organic Hydroponics
- 2016-12-21 Canadian industry makes headlines in HortiDaily
- 2016-12-20 Will indepence in seed industry remain an uphill battle?