- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- Understanding irrigation starts with manual watering
- US (NC): Researchers to develop new propagation technology for the American strawberry industry
- Narrow strawberry tray saves grower 10% on substrate
- Dutch propagator dials down the new lights because they’re "too effective"
- Eden Green Tech: 11,600m2 hybrid farm will deliver up to five million pounds of produce a year
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
- Nigerian grower builds greenhouse from scratch
- Why Australia's biggest glasshouse grower is expanding its cultivation
Hydropods announces strategic partnership with CropBox
“We’re proud of this partnership with CropBox,” said Ted Tanner, CEO of Hydropods. “CropBox is already in use by some major restaurants and retailers and we’re excited by their growth potential. We admire their mission to bring local farming to more communities, providing safe nutritious food grown in a sustainable environment.”
CropBox, manufactured by greenhouse builder Williamson Greenhouses, builds repurposed shipping containers that can fit 2800 planting spots in the available 320 square feet. These containers are outfitted with grow lights, planting racks, a heating and ventilation system and all of the necessary hydroponic components, such as the reservoir and pump.
Following an extensive vetting process, CropBox selected Hydropods to be their technology provider. The Hydropods Grow Controllers have a variety of sensors to monitor and control the environment and nutrient system, which growers can access from their smartphones using the CropBox App.
The App, available in the Apple App store and Google Play, connects to the Hydropods Grow Controllers and allows users to monitor sensor data in real time, view real-time video, and control any connected devices. Users can set up rules including sensor triggers, timers, and schedules to automate the grow process. Soon, users will be able to download grow programs, providing optimized configurations for various vegetables and herbs.
“We wanted the system to be as reliable and easy-to-use as possible, and Hydropods provides that,” said Tripp Williamson, CEO of Williamson Greenhouses and CropBox. “We deliver our customers their CropBox with the Hydropods technology fully installed, ready for them to configure for their planting needs.”
For more information:
999 18th Street, 3000
Denver, CO 80202
Toll free: (800) 432-0160
Local: (303) 710-2530
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-26 Singapore: Renewed library now features hydroponics room
- 2021-10-21 Teens for Food Justice program awarded 300k by USDA for hydroponic expansion
- 2021-10-20 Collaboration on 700 m2 pilot farm in China
- 2021-10-20 Tackling climate issues with low-resource consuming growing towers
- 2021-10-19 ‘It’s not as carbon-hungry’: UK’s largest sunlit vertical farm begins harvest
- 2021-10-19 Unmanned vertical farm in China: is this what the future looks like?
- 2021-10-15 "We can focus more on quality and how the product satisfies consumer needs”
- 2021-10-15 UK grower trials aeroponic propagation system
- 2021-10-13 Irish supermarket to sell hydroponic microgreens
- 2021-10-08 China: Why the growth cycle of rice can be split in half
- 2021-10-01 Todd P. Hanna announced as new COO
- 2021-09-22 This "glass tree" vertical farm could solve urban food deserts
- 2021-09-16 Chinese scientists grow rice that yields twice faster in hydroponic experiment
- 2021-09-02 Building facilities across Canada, as well as in Greater London and Copenhagen
- 2021-09-01 US (PA): Mobile lab brings aquaponics closer to society
- 2021-08-26 Fresh herbs from halls and bunkers
- 2021-08-26 "The base of our technology is R&D in product development"
- 2021-08-16 "We reduced the cost of cooling by just cooling the plant roots”
- 2021-07-08 Danish retail is committed to vertical crop products
- 2021-07-08 "Crops from the vertical farm have more flavor and a longer shelf life"