- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
- KUBO Group acquires cultivation systems and software branch of Codema
- Making LEDs and lower energy costs accessible to HPS-growers
- How to cool a greenhouse in the hot climate of Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and central Asia?
- "Mexico is a world leader in protected agriculture"
- Internet-based precision irrigation system shows promise for fresh-market tomato
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
Canada: New series about the big business of marijuana growing
Hydroponics is the process of growing plants without soil and far less water than traditional growing methods. The cannabis plants are fed high quality nutrients through various systems. One company from Surrey, British Columbia, Green Planet Nutrients, puts effort into promoting the event and to get the word out to anyone interested in cannabis, traditional gardening, hydroponics and anything related to growing.
However, it's not only the hydroponics industry that's feeling the hype. Film producer Jeremy Deichen screened the first episode of his new series Growing Exposed to a sold out crowd on Saturday. The show is set to be like MTV Cribs for marijuana grow operations, featuring Amanda Mackay, a former MTV Canada host.
Maybe you won't see the show on primetime yet, but for those intrigued rest assured that change is coming. With cannabis soon to become legal in Canada more people will wonder how it is grown, cultivated, and sold. Jeremy Deichen, film producer, has self-funded this endeavour with plans to create 12 episodes this year and believes the timing is ripe for a big network to come knocking. "I have no doubt that social curiosity of how this plant is grown and the people behind it is enough to make this show popular. It will be bigger than the industry itself. You don't need to be a grower to be fascinated by all the money and facilities that are being created all over Canada right now to keep up with the demand of pot smokers and medical users," says Deichen.
It seems clear that the future of the hydroponics industry is brighter today than it has been since its inception. Taking advantage of a booming industry and the cultivators who will grow this crop, the series takes a look into the once underground and demonized world of marijuana production, which is now gaining momentum as a legitimate and legal industry. Documenting garden tours, product tips, and reviews, "Growing Exposed" gives the viewer unprecedented access to a growing list of legal gardens and experts across North America. Most importantly, it sets to educate and open the eyes of viewers, quenching the curiosity of the majority of the population about how marijuana is grown and the vast cast of characters behind it.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-12-13 CAN: Companies seek approval for C-19 vaccine, using plants to express proteins needed
- 2020-04-10 Spain approves hiring 80,000 unemployed and immigrants to cover farm shortfall
- 2020-03-31 US (PA): Harrisburg University still running aquaponics lab, donating produce during virus outbreak
- 2019-04-01 HortiDaily starts MMJDaily.com
- 2019-03-25 Aphria shows automation in new video
- 2019-03-06 CEA Advisors forms new division focused on cannabis industry
- 2019-03-05 Denmark: Spectrum Cannabis ready for sale in autumn
- 2019-03-05 CA (BC): Cannabis grower gets permit for growing facility
- 2019-03-01 "I think the Netherlands can become the Champagne region of cannabis"
- 2019-02-27 Belgium takes first step towards legalization of medicinal cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-25 Canada: 'World's largest indoor organic hemp CBD grower' setting up in Manitoba
- 2019-02-14 Sustainability and the cultivation of quality cannabis
- 2019-02-11 Canopy Growth to inject 30 million CDN in additional capital into Canopy Rivers
- 2019-02-08 US (CA): Cannabis Research Center to explore environmental, social impacts of legalization
- 2019-02-08 Humidity in cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-01 MMJ exports get approval from Israel cabinet
- 2019-01-31 US: Cannabis company files bankruptcy
- 2019-01-28 "Victoria is the medicinal cannabis capital of Australia"
- 2019-01-28 Denmark: TGOD and Knud Jepsen complete cannabis joint ventures
- 2019-01-25 Large scale cannabis cultivation in Odense, Denmark