- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
- Hoofd Engineering - Gameren, Nederland
- Manager Operations - Gameren, Nederland
Top 5 -yesterday
- Controlling the roof cleaner remotely without damaging the foil
- Strawberry and tomato responses to light and CO2 control
- “No matter what fog system you use, a good controller is essential”
- Dutch Royal family discuss farming in India with East-West Seed
- Northern Australia: Undercover crops to be investigated
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
European project introduces students to aquaponics
The ANNIE project started in 2016 and aims to set up a network of educational institutions, rural and urban aquaponic companies, regional governments and local authorities in order to establish Aquaponics Training Centres. The project is especially addressed to youngsters, unemployed and disabled people, lifelong learners and other categories who won’t fit easily in the labour market.
Participants come from different EU countries that have a special interest in supporting aquaponics development such as Spain, Greece and Portugal because of lack of fresh water, Romania and Slovenia to develop their rural areas, the UK and the Netherlands as knowledge-based economies working on water reuse.
The visit to the INAPRO facility in Murcia was organised to complement a training that took place at the Integrated Centre for Training in Agriculture in Molina de Segura (Murcia). The training was focused on the construction and management of aquaponic facilities. By visiting the INAPRO demonstration site, the students had the possibility to see how the integrated production of tomatoes and tilapia works on a large scale.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-14 UK: Innovation Hub for Controlled Environment Agriculture launched in Dundee
- 2019-10-11 A look inside a Brazilian vertical farm
- 2019-10-11 Laser scientists shine a light on the future of farming
- 2019-10-11 US (WI): Aquaponically-grown lettuce donated to schools
- 2019-10-11 US (VA): USDA certified indoor BioFarms open for business
- 2019-10-08 Adapter to fool-proof irrigation in vertical farming system
- 2019-10-08 Video: A look inside the vertical farming industry in Paris
- 2019-10-08 Scottish start-up looking to build dozens of vertical farms across UK
- 2019-10-07 "Vertical farming modules allow for maximum space exploitation"
- 2019-10-04 Prospects and challenges of aquaponics in Malaysia
- 2019-10-04 High-tech indoor farming seen as key to fixing Dubai’s food supply
- 2019-10-03 Forging links between urban agriculture and the climate agenda
- 2019-10-02 Ascension Island's hydroponics lab is revitalizing life on the volcanic island
- 2019-10-01 US (VA): Aquaponics program to help children and youth in need
- 2019-10-01 A look inside the vertical farm growing for Singapore Airlines
- 2019-10-01 Pakistan: A futuristic vertical farm now blooms in Karachi’s old yarn factory
- 2019-09-30 Pleas of mercy fail to save Global Aquaponics executive from prison
- 2019-09-30 Indoor ag seen as key to feeding planet
- 2019-09-27 Could duckweed be the next big vertical farm crop?
- 2019-09-26 "Urban farming is getting more and more recognition"