Smart minds worldwide are working on robots to speed up harvesting. Tomato picking robots, bell pepper picking robots, strawberry picking robots ... Yet the process prior to the actual harvest requires especially a lot of work, as Dirk Aleven of FoodVentures once again shows fittingly in the LinkedIn update below.
- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
- Produce Construction Manager - USA
- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- First semi-closed greenhouse completed in Shanghai in late October
- From war zone to award-winning coconut coir factory
- "I used to sell millions of heads of lettuce a year; not anymore"
- The coupling of nanotechnology and luminescent films to optimize greenhouse light quality
- Water droplets smaller than a human hair
Top 5 -last month
- Using LED grow lights and less irrigation makes stronger plants
- "Deep Water Culture continues to give encouraging results"
- "Vertical farming won’t replace all greenhouse production, but it’s more a combination of all of them"
- Lettuce in a hydroponic system: 100% organic nutrients
- "Vertical farming is not the answer for all of humanity's woes"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-11-29 Re-entering of volume order for Bio Chopper series
- 2019-11-28 Netherlands: Tomato cultivation benefits from shorter cultivations
- 2019-11-27 A European citizens’ initiative on plant breeding innovation
- 2019-11-26 Make no mistake, labour is not only for harvesting
- 2019-11-25 Video: How to deal with ToBRFV?
- 2019-11-22 Rotating crops automatically
- 2019-11-21 “The plants seem to grow so much quicker on the coir”
- 2019-11-20 If only plants would go in as fast as they go out
- 2019-11-19 "Every grower knows that irrigation water is a very large source of contamination"
- 2019-11-18 US (MO): University of Missouri plant growth facility celebrates opening
- 2019-11-15 "A ladder alone is no longer sufficient"
- 2019-11-14 UK: Cleaning agent helps optimise nematode performance
- 2019-11-13 "Study shows our sanitation process is effective against ToBRFV"
- 2019-11-12 "Now is the time to test your water"
- 2019-11-11 Hygiene can be dirty sometimes
- 2019-11-08 Greenhouse sanitation: Preparing for a successful season
- 2019-11-07 Speed up crop rotation by cleaning water system during cultivation
- 2019-11-06 Cleaning glass with AR coating 100% organically
- 2019-11-05 Protect your greenhouse from heavy winter snowfalls
- 2019-11-04 "Make it easy for yourself during crop rotation"