The YOOM® tomato is characterized by its extraordinary color and its novel and balanced bittersweet aroma. This is further enhanced by the delicious and exotic umami flavor and a feeling of intense, straight-from-the-field freshness. Besides having a wonderful flavor, YOOM® also contains a large amount of anthocyanins compared to conventional tomatoes, which makes it ideal for a healthy lifestyle. Also, the variety contains plenty of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, potassium and selenium. The purple color is due to the anthocyanin compounds, which are deemed ideal for a healthy diet. As pointed out by the exhibitor, the YOOM® offers an affordable gourmet experience for those consumers who wish to improve their daily diet and increase their vitality. Cultivated by selected partners, this new tomato variety is available in branded trays, loose or on the vine
- Head, Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
- General Manager - Oxnard (CA) USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export - Import manager
- Import-Export senior Sales Agents to Europe - Barcelona, Spain
- Teamleader Agronomist Vertical Farm - Poeldijk, The Netherlands
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- QA Officer Retail - Maasdijk
- Manager Seed Technology - Hann. Münden, Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Developing new grow bags for the ever increasing blueberry market”
- First report of tomato brown rugose fruit virus infecting tomato in Germany
- "We can advise in any crop to be micropropagated in a safe way"
- Easy-to-construct greenhouse keeps the cold out and the warmth in
- Plant empowerment and data driven growing enjoys worldwide following
Top 5 -last month
- Advancements in automated commercial scale vertical farming
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- Mexico: One dead and 10 injured in greenhouse explosion
- "Mushroom growth as an early precursor of what is now vertical farming"
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-01-17 Turkish firm is producing pepquiños
- 2019-01-16 "Apply the proper dose from any spray tank at a reasonable price"
- 2019-01-15 Tochihime strawberries ‘melt in the mouth’
- 2019-01-11 Diabetes management: Broccoli may help regulate blood sugar levels
- 2019-01-11 Caulipower now turns to tortillas
- 2019-01-11 Oranges better than carrots at preventing Macular Degeneration
- 2019-01-10 Blueberries to lower risk of tooth decay
- 2019-01-10 Tomato health benefits
- 2019-01-08 "Maximizing heating efficiency and plant production with Hydronic Bench Heat"
- 2019-01-07 Anyone for an eggplant-shaped bath bomb?
- 2019-01-04 Eating better = hearing better
- 2019-01-04 Mushroom-based lampshades, grown on recycled coffee grounds
- 2019-01-04 Lycored’s tomato extract achieves non-GMO project verification
- 2019-01-04 Pennsylvania Dutch company creates “vegan pork” from shiitake mushrooms
- 2019-01-03 A new purple tomato
- 2019-01-02 Five green vegetables that may help manage blood pressure
- 2018-12-20 The Baby Plant and MilShake projects
- 2018-12-20 "Plenty of opportunity in the herb sector, also in hydroponics"
- 2018-12-20 Cauliflower mix and Tapas tomato mix anticipate new food trends
- 2018-12-20 New studies reveal broccoli lowers your risk of heart attack, stroke and cancer