- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- New hydroponic plant pot showcased
- "Robot labour will soon be available for passive greenhouse growers too"
- "You now can grow small fruits all over the world"
- "Being able to produce peppers during the winter really piques the imagination"
- French supermarket removes 'tasteless and off season' winter strawberries from the shelves
Top 5 -last month
Australia: BerryQuest explores industry solutions
"The conference and trade exhibition, the largest for Australia’s berry industry, was a prime opportunity for us to share information on key national issues including labour and skilling, and to give an overview of Competition Policy.
"Despite some technical difficulties (there was a power outage when Rachel got up to do her presentation) we have received overwhelmingly positive feedback about the value of the information Rachel shared.
"Farm labour is a significant issue for the production horticulture sector nationally, and that is where our Fair Farms Initiative comes in.
"The Fair Farms Initiative, being delivered nationally by Growcom in partnership with Freshcare and funded by the Fair Work Ombudsman, aims to ensure workers are treated fairly while they are employed in horticultural farms and pack houses.
"Through this initiative, we’re supporting growers with tools and information to implement employment practices which comply with workplace relations laws and industry standards.
"Rachel updated growers on moves towards a Fair Farms Freshcare certification, which will enable them to demonstrate their compliance to customers and the wider community.
"She also gave extended insights into the new Horticulture Code of Conduct, which everyone must be compliant with by April 2018.
"Rachel also sat on an industry panel, during which there were discussions around the Seasonal Worker Programme, support for a stand-alone agriculture visa, growers successfully employing refugees and the holistic approach taken to labour and skilling under the Queensland Agriculture Workforce Network.
"We are obviously keen to work more closely with the berry industry to up skill berry growers in understanding their obligations, so the opportunity to raise the profile of our Fair Farms Initiative among growers at BerryQuest was invaluable.
"We thank the berry industry for the opportunity to present and network at BerryQuest International 2018, and we look forward to working even more closely with the industry going forward."
For more information:
Primary Producers House
Level 3, 183 North Quay
Brisbane Qld 4000
PO Box 202
Fortitude Valley Qld 4006
p: 07 3620 3844
f: 07 3620 3880
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-02-28 Birmingham exhibition Packaging Innovations started today
- 2018-02-27 Ethiopia: HortiFlora Expo 2018 cancelled
- 2018-02-26 China: Which exhibitions to attend in 2018?
- 2018-02-23 "Minimal labor needed for new tomato"
- 2018-02-22 US (OH): CropKing welcomes 5-Day Intensive Workshop participants
- 2018-02-21 "NL: "Cucumber variety Sumapol is the new standard"
- 2018-02-20 Australia: BerryQuest explores industry solutions
- 2018-02-19 HortiContact about to kick off in Netherlands
- 2018-02-16 Adora tomato takes silver at Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards
- 2018-02-15 Special exhibition at Biofach for plant breeding
- 2018-02-14 19th China International Fertilizer Show coming up
- 2018-02-13 Nelson and Pade co-founder to speak at Seeds and Chips
- 2018-02-12 Evergreen Farm wins GFIA award
- 2018-02-09 "HortiFlora Expo Ethiopia much more diversified this year"
- 2018-02-08 Spanish company launches tomato specialty varieties
- 2018-02-07 Meet & Greet with Masterchef and General Practitioner
- 2018-02-06 Indoor Farms of America upgrades container farm design
- 2018-02-05 Italy: Orticoltura tecnica in campo event
- 2018-02-05 Ethiopia present for the first time at Fruit Logistica
- 2018-02-02 Meet the Westland Team at Fruit Logistica