- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- New hydroponic plant pot showcased
- "Robot labour will soon be available for passive greenhouse growers too"
- "You now can grow small fruits all over the world"
- "Being able to produce peppers during the winter really piques the imagination"
- French supermarket removes 'tasteless and off season' winter strawberries from the shelves
Top 5 -last month
Indoor Farms of America upgrades container farm design
"We received feedback over the past two years from folks all over the world wanting container farms that were not limited in scope to growing leaf lettuce or basil," says David Martin, CEO of Indoor Farms of America. "Now you can have our superior aeroponic farms and grow 3 crop types at the same time, and grow more by a large margin than anything else promoted in a container farm."
The 2018 GrowTruck Model 8590 Aeroponic Farm
The Model 8590 is based on a 53 foot semi trailer platform, and the first of its kind is under construction and headed to an extreme climate in the Northwest Territory of Canada. "This farm is more highly engineered and built to perform and withstand outside temperatures of 40 below zero, and our team is really excited for the folks that will eat the fresh produce from it, that have never in their lives experienced truly fresh things, and definitely have never seen it grown locally as they will now," explained Martin.
In a 40 foot container version, which is called the Model 6160, the company sees applications in aiding food deserts in any location of the world, particularly where a farm may need to be completely off-grid, which can be done now.
Indoor Farms of America Butter Lettuce Wall
Ron Evans, President of Indoor Farms of America, says: "These are really fun farms for the farmer, and expand what a farmer can offer customers. Grow beautiful butter lettuce, along with strawberries, basil and other herbs, and a bounty of microgreens, all from one farm in a small space. There is nothing else like it in the world, and nothing that comes close in growing capacity."
Indoor Farms of America has a showroom with demonstration farms operating in Las Vegas, Nevada and in multiple locations in Canada, and in South Africa, where their vertical aeroponic equipment is on display.
The company has its equipment on display February 5th and 6th at the Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture, in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
For more information:
Indoor Farms of America
4020 W. Ali Baba Lane Suite B
Las Vegas, NV 89118
Phone (888) 603-7866
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-02-28 Birmingham exhibition Packaging Innovations started today
- 2018-02-27 Ethiopia: HortiFlora Expo 2018 cancelled
- 2018-02-26 China: Which exhibitions to attend in 2018?
- 2018-02-23 "Minimal labor needed for new tomato"
- 2018-02-22 US (OH): CropKing welcomes 5-Day Intensive Workshop participants
- 2018-02-21 "NL: "Cucumber variety Sumapol is the new standard"
- 2018-02-20 Australia: BerryQuest explores industry solutions
- 2018-02-19 HortiContact about to kick off in Netherlands
- 2018-02-16 Adora tomato takes silver at Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards
- 2018-02-15 Special exhibition at Biofach for plant breeding
- 2018-02-14 19th China International Fertilizer Show coming up
- 2018-02-13 Nelson and Pade co-founder to speak at Seeds and Chips
- 2018-02-12 Evergreen Farm wins GFIA award
- 2018-02-09 "HortiFlora Expo Ethiopia much more diversified this year"
- 2018-02-08 Spanish company launches tomato specialty varieties
- 2018-02-07 Meet & Greet with Masterchef and General Practitioner
- 2018-02-06 Indoor Farms of America upgrades container farm design
- 2018-02-05 Italy: Orticoltura tecnica in campo event
- 2018-02-05 Ethiopia present for the first time at Fruit Logistica
- 2018-02-02 Meet the Westland Team at Fruit Logistica