- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
UAE government, Union Coop collaborate on hydroponic agriculture project
The project aims to develop the capacities and skills of 'people of determination' in project management and applied life skills, to attain their independence, and boost their self-esteem, also, to further empower them as contributing members of society. The project also helps create an ecosystem of knowledge, intellect, values, and behaviour that enriches community development.
It contributes to supporting the UAE's Vocational Rehabilitation And Employment policy to empower people of determination by providing vocational training programmes that match the demands of the job market in cooperation with various governmental and private entities.
The policy helps provide work opportunities for people of determination that match their abilities and levels of disability by implementing strategies to support their employment in governmental and private sectors.
The MoU was signed by Ayesha Al Darbi, Manager of the Dubai Rehabilitation Centre for People of Determination at the Ministry of Community Development, and Suhail Al Bastaki, Director of the Happiness and Marketing Department, on behalf of the CEO of the Union Coop, in the presence of officials from both sides.
Ayesha Al Darbi said that the Hydroponic Agriculture Project would help train and employ 35 people of determination who are over 18 years of age. The project’s initial stage will include two greenhouses based in Dubai Rehabilitation Centre for People of Determination at the ministry of community development.
"We thank Union Coop for its initiative that bolsters its role as a partner in community development and its commitment to raising the level of rehabilitation and employment of people with determination, which shows the level of awareness among various establishments about their role in social responsibility," Al Darbi added.
Suhail Al Bastaki said that the Hydroponic Agriculture Project is an initiative that expresses Union Coop’s commitment to magnifying social responsibility by supporting governmental, semi-governmental programmes and initiatives in Dubai, as well as local philanthropic and social care programmes.
Source: WAM (Nour Salman)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-26 Singapore: Renewed library now features hydroponics room
- 2021-10-21 Teens for Food Justice program awarded 300k by USDA for hydroponic expansion
- 2021-10-20 Collaboration on 700 m2 pilot farm in China
- 2021-10-20 Tackling climate issues with low-resource consuming growing towers
- 2021-10-19 ‘It’s not as carbon-hungry’: UK’s largest sunlit vertical farm begins harvest
- 2021-10-19 Unmanned vertical farm in China: is this what the future looks like?
- 2021-10-15 "We can focus more on quality and how the product satisfies consumer needs”
- 2021-10-15 UK grower trials aeroponic propagation system
- 2021-10-13 Irish supermarket to sell hydroponic microgreens
- 2021-10-08 China: Why the growth cycle of rice can be split in half
- 2021-10-01 Todd P. Hanna announced as new COO
- 2021-09-22 This "glass tree" vertical farm could solve urban food deserts
- 2021-09-16 Chinese scientists grow rice that yields twice faster in hydroponic experiment
- 2021-09-02 Building facilities across Canada, as well as in Greater London and Copenhagen
- 2021-09-01 US (PA): Mobile lab brings aquaponics closer to society
- 2021-08-26 Fresh herbs from halls and bunkers
- 2021-08-26 "The base of our technology is R&D in product development"
- 2021-08-16 "We reduced the cost of cooling by just cooling the plant roots”
- 2021-07-08 Danish retail is committed to vertical crop products
- 2021-07-08 "Crops from the vertical farm have more flavor and a longer shelf life"