- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Blogger dives into the world of grow lights
With his Epic Gardening blog for example, San Diego-based gardening enthusiast Kevin Espiritu is literally sharing his 'growing pains' with a loyal group of readers who are, just like him, crazy about growing their own food. His blog is updated daily with very informative articles that help the beginning and more experienced home gardener take their growth to the next level.
Espiritu, a former commercial microgreens grower, writes about the basics of growing popular crops like leafy greens and culinary herbs year-round in aquaponic and hydroponic settings. He also offers troubleshooting articles about other crops, houseplants and shares his experience with plant diseases and conquering the most common pests. The blog features many helpful videos from his Epic Gardening YouTube channel and Espiritu even offers complete online guides that can transform anyone into a successful allround home gardener.
The Epic Gardening blog is also interesting for those who are looking to invest in hydroponic or aquaponic systems, as Espiritu has many reviews available, especially of the basic technology one requires to start his own gardening adventure or build his own indoor herb garden.
Especially Epic Gardening's extensive article on indoor grow lights is an interesting piece to read. In this blog, Espiritu provides a continuously updated and comprehensive overview of indoor grow lights and the available possibilities for the starting farmer.
"Part of the reason I started Epic Gardening was to make sure that growers everywhere had the most up to date information possible. It seems like things change constantly, especially when it comes to indoor grow lights", said Espiritu. "This is why I wrote a piece that I consider to be the most comprehensive high level overview of the topic online."
For more information: www.epicgardening.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-26 Increase your vegetable consumption to lower your blood sugar
- 2023-09-25 New podcast series about the history of fresh produce
- 2023-09-25 “It is our goal to provide our products in all 50 states”
- 2023-09-18 Growers and chemist innovate with new and existing products
- 2023-09-14 New celery bites introduced
- 2023-09-11 New compostable pot available to North American growers
- 2023-09-07 New salad kits and salad blends will debut at Southern Innovations
- 2023-09-06 Focus on reliability, longer lifetime, reusability, and flexibility
- 2023-09-01 New line of fresh-cut herbs under Vitalicious BIO-Organic label
- 2023-08-29 The nutritional marvel of microgreens
- 2023-08-28 Now, tomatoes can also be worn
- 2023-08-22 "New broad spectrum bioinsecticide back by popular demand"
- 2023-08-21 A nickel-free tomato that meets the needs of allergy sufferers
- 2023-08-09 A plastic film with maximum brightness, thermal efficiency and diffusion
- 2023-08-07 UK: GrowUp Farms launches first range of vertically ready-to-eat salads into Tesco
- 2023-07-20 Can spicy ice cream be dangerous?
- 2023-07-11 Some burgers will be served without tomatoes as crop shortage hits India
- 2023-07-07 Organic and fresh-cut vegetables on display
- 2023-07-04 Water cleanser product to be on display at Cultivate '23
- 2023-06-30 "Everyone loves Honing tomatoes, especially as a snack vegetable"