- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Russell IPM wins Innovation Award at Strawberry and Asparagus Fair
The award-winning trap in the field
The Innovation Award benefits companies that own, produce and sell a unique, market-ready product. A model of Russell IPM’s sticky roller traps from the Optiroll Blue range was selected for the award for its innovative feature that has been proven to enhance the effectiveness of this type of chemical-free pest control.
The Optiroll Blue Super + roller trap has three unique qualities: a specially selected wavelength of blue colour that specifically attracts the thrips species, a scientifically-developed pattern that targets the western flower thrips, and the actual pheromone of the western flower thrips. Infusing the trap’s adhesive layer with the pheromone further increases the attraction of this insect that otherwise damages strawberries and greenhouse vegetables.
The added value to farmers is not only that western flower thrips is effectively managed, but the traps also integrate well with the predators that are essential for thrips control (predatory mites and Orius), as well as bumble bee pollination.
Russell IPM’s product has been selected from numerous applications by an independent jury from expoSE and expoDirekt 2016 as one of five innovations. The presentation of the Innovation awards will take place on 16.11.2016 at the Exhibitor Forum (Stand 3 / M-32) in Hall 3 from 11 am onwards. Russell IPM’s Marketing Manager, Elitsa Seymour and Product Manager – Agriculture and Horticulture, Hussein Fawzi, will be demonstrating the Optiroll Blue Super + roller trap and will be available for questions and meetings at Russell IPM’s exhibition stand DM/B-25.
For more information:
Unit 45 First Avenue
Deeside Industrial Park
Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2NU
Tel: +44 (0) 1244 281 333
Fax: +44 1244 281 878
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-11-10 Be prepared to clean the inner glass by the end of the season
- 2016-11-30 CleanStart: Sustainable soil pest management from Certis Europe
- 2016-11-29 Implementing BioSecurity in 9 steps
- 2016-11-28 Susceptibility of basil species and cultivars to Peronospora belbahrii
- 2016-11-25 Three new lettuce varieties resistant to Fusarium
- 2016-11-24 US (KY): New strawberry scouting guide available for Kentucky
- 2016-11-23 Steaming is gaining steam
- 2016-11-22 Source of Dutch Ralstonia infection remains unknown
- 2016-11-21 Penn State tests nanotube device for plant disease detection
- 2016-11-18 Video: What is happening with all that used rockwool?
- 2016-11-17 Can soil be too sterile?
- 2016-11-16 Do you have a press release for our Clean Start and Crop Change special!
- 2016-11-11 Gleaning at the greenhouse
- 2016-11-10 How herbivores manipulate plant defences
- 2016-11-09 "Double protection provides significantly more security"
- 2016-11-08 BioConsortia raises $12 million for development of multi-microbe products
- 2016-11-07 Russell IPM wins Innovation Award at Strawberry and Asparagus Fair
- 2016-11-04 Weterings Mechanisatie speeds up greenhouse crop change
- 2016-11-03 Ensure optimum hygiene during crop change
- 2016-11-02 Australia: Nursery waste management for reducing costs