- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- New report outlines and quantifies catastrophic loss from the tomato brown rugose fruit virus (ToBRFV)
- Taking lettuce production outside of California
- "We use robotics, machine imaging and AI to automate tomato harvesting"
- "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- Indoor grower opens new facility in Kentucky
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
Buying own cleaning machine becomes more attractive:
Be prepared to clean the inner glass by the end of the season
Van der Waay designed the robust AquaJet tube rail cart after they noticed many growers were struggling to find a good machine to get the inside of their greenhouses clean. The cart, which runs on a gasoline motor and has a built-in high-pressure pump, is specially designed to clean the glass and gutters of your empty greenhouses quickly and with the lowest possible amount of labor.
Cleaning the inner glass with the AquaJet
"Cleaning the greenhouses is usually a hell of a job, no matter the size of the operation", explained Tom Zwanenburg of Van der Waay. "With the AquaJet it will only take 1 person to apply a cleaning agent and flushing after 1 hectare of roof plus the gable facades per workday." Furthermore Van der Waay has an additional hanging gutter cleaning unit available for the AquaJet.
Cleaning the hanging gutters on the way back with the additional gutter unit.
The design of the AquaJet is very robust and long-lasting. Zwanenburg explained that they looked closely at the circumstances the machines would be used in, based on their experience with previous designs. "These machines are used in very wet and heavy situations, hence we made sure that the AquaJet would be tough enough to withstand this. There is not too much stuff like automation, sensors and electronics involved in the design, as electronics and water usually are not a good combination. On the other hand, we designed the flow of the cleaning agents (in most cases Fluor) and the water in a special circuit, so the fluor is not going through the pump, but dosed with the output water flow after the pump. This makes the system long lasting too, as the fluor has no chance to damage vital parts of the AquaJet's pump. If maintained well, the machine is guaranteed to run for years without any major problems."
According to Zwanenburg, the AquaJet can already be interesting for growers that have 1 or more hectares of glass greenhouse. "In the past we used to sell a lot of these machines to contractors, but more recently a lot of growers all over the world realize the benefits of having their own machines. They now see that they can do the job themselves at any given time with the lowest physical burden for the staff. Only 1 worker is needed to clean a hectare a day and he can continuously disinfect and rinse without too much hassle. This gives the machine a very good ROI."
The AquaJet is available for almost any Venlo glass greenhouse operation; it comes with an adjustable spray mast, adjustable tube rail size and 150 meters of hose on the reel.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-11-10 Be prepared to clean the inner glass by the end of the season
- 2016-11-30 CleanStart: Sustainable soil pest management from Certis Europe
- 2016-11-29 Implementing BioSecurity in 9 steps
- 2016-11-28 Susceptibility of basil species and cultivars to Peronospora belbahrii
- 2016-11-25 Three new lettuce varieties resistant to Fusarium
- 2016-11-24 US (KY): New strawberry scouting guide available for Kentucky
- 2016-11-23 Steaming is gaining steam
- 2016-11-22 Source of Dutch Ralstonia infection remains unknown
- 2016-11-21 Penn State tests nanotube device for plant disease detection
- 2016-11-18 Video: What is happening with all that used rockwool?
- 2016-11-17 Can soil be too sterile?
- 2016-11-16 Do you have a press release for our Clean Start and Crop Change special!
- 2016-11-11 Gleaning at the greenhouse
- 2016-11-10 How herbivores manipulate plant defences
- 2016-11-09 "Double protection provides significantly more security"
- 2016-11-08 BioConsortia raises $12 million for development of multi-microbe products
- 2016-11-07 Russell IPM wins Innovation Award at Strawberry and Asparagus Fair
- 2016-11-04 Weterings Mechanisatie speeds up greenhouse crop change
- 2016-11-03 Ensure optimum hygiene during crop change
- 2016-11-02 Australia: Nursery waste management for reducing costs