- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
Valagro Group officially launches Chinese subsidiary
The launch, hosted at the Shangri-la Hotel in Shanghai, was attended by Valagro's main Chinese customers, alongside the company's leaders, as well as many opinion leaders, in particular Professor Bai Youlu, professor at the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS) and General Manager of the Chinese Society of Plant Nutrition and Fertilizer Science (CSPFS), among the best research institutions in the field of plant nutrition in China, and Professor Wang Xu Secretary-General of Soil and Fertilizer Alliance of China (SFAC), and professor at CAAS.
The experts from the Chinese academic world were able to testify to the effectiveness of the company's approach, particularly Professor Tao Longxing (CNRRI - China National Rice Research Institute), who illustrated the effectiveness of Valagro solutions in increasing the productivity of rice.
Claudio Capobianco, Global Sales Director, Valagro Group, commented: "The opening of our subsidiary in China is an important sign of the strengthening of the Group's presence in such a strategic market as the Far East. For our existing customers in China that means the possibility of receiving even more punctual and efficient supports; for the wider Chinese market - a rapidly growing market, very receptive to innovation - Valagro solutions, and in particular biostimulants, represent a very effective response to the challenge of combining high performance and low environmental impact, allowing farmers to obtain higher yields and better quality using less resources and technical inputs."
The Valagro Shanghai launch ceremony was also an occasion to shine a spotlight on Valagro Academy and a complete series of crop solutions. Valagro Academy is an innovative training programme through which Valagro intends to share the know-how acquired in the field of plant nutrition and biostimulants with all of its customers, alongside highly specialised technical support and an up-to-date range of increasingly advanced solutions for sustainable agriculture, the result of continuous investment in research and development.
Finally, to highlight the central role of the customer, a hallmark of the Valagro approach, the Best Grower 2015 for the Asia-Pacific region, selected in collaboration with the distributor Platinum Just Agrotech award was presented. At the end of the launch, the prize was awarded to Chang Shidai who used Valagro solutions for banana cultivation. Used during the crop growth stages, Valagro solutions allowed the plants to recover from the abiotic stresses caused by the adverse weather conditions that in recent years have affected the area of Hekou, in the province of Yunnan. Thanks to the effectiveness of Valagro solutions, particularly MEGAFOL®, Chang Shidai was able to manage over 330 hectares of plantations with the "Yunhe" brand, well known in China, Vietnam and Laos, with remarkable results in terms of productivity and quality of crops.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-30 More strawberries and less plastics: Hydroponic Systems' new solution
- 2022-09-30 US (MD): Governor announces launch of cover crop program supporting urban agriculture
- 2022-09-30 Ardent partners with growers on regenerative ag
- 2022-09-30 Basil grown especially for pesto
- 2022-09-30 Horti Experience 2022 focused on international knowledge sharing
- 2022-09-30 Tas Tomatoes declared bankrupt, trustee investigates
- 2022-09-29 Pinduoduo shares “tech for agri” vision at G20 global forum on digital agriculture
- 2022-09-29 Horticultural wholesaler celebrates 40 years and looks ahead to the next forty
- 2022-09-29 Karin Tifft joins team of expert horticulturists at IUNU
- 2022-09-29 Hort Americas expands to Canada
- 2022-09-29 Advanced Agrilytics appoints Jody Longshore as CCO
- 2022-09-29 "Priming seeds with plasma provides possible defense against damping off"
- 2022-09-29 "Due to the drought, we are facing crop losses of 30% in the fall harvest"
- 2022-09-28 Dramm welcomes Steven Collins to DRAMMwater team
- 2022-09-28 Steenks services makes business trips to Finland and France
- 2022-09-28 Florida growers and importers brace for Hurricane Ian
- 2022-09-28 Dutch Young Executives group visits Israel’s Volcani Center with DryGair
- 2022-09-28 Annice Firth appointed to Syngenta's Technical Sales team
- 2022-09-28 Eden granted US EPA regulatory approval
- 2022-09-28 Questions about how growers use gas to make money