- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Governor provides many advantages to realize 500 hectare cluster:
"Will Belgorod become "The Westland" of Russia?"
Viktor Berko is a Russian greenhouse developer that is involved in many projects in and around Belgorod. It is his job to promote the regions potential for greenhouse development among national and international investors.
"Belgorod has got all the potential to become the greenhouse capital of Russia", he said. "The Russian government created an enhanced program on the replacement of import food with domestic production. This will not only increase the food security of the country, but will also increase the workplaces for the local people. From all regions in Russia, Belgorod is the most suitable area that fits in this program, and has a lot of potential to build greenhouses; plenty of land, energy subsidies, bank credits and tax privileges are available for greenhouse development."
Just some impressions of the possibilities:
Berko stresses that Belgorod has much more to offer as well. "The climate conditions in Belgorod are perfect for greenhouse horticulture. The area is easily accessible via Belgorod airport, and within 9 hrs drive from Moscow. Electricity is affordable, as well as natural gas; so year round cultivation is possible as well with the help of supplemental lighting. "
Climatic conditions in Belgorod
20 hectare operation in Belgorod that is in production
Over the past few years, many investors and greenhouse builders broke ground on projects in Belgorod ; AP Holland built 20 hectares and is planning another 11 and Certhon is currently building 14 hectares. "There is also another 37.6 hectare project in the planning that will consist of 4 stages of 9.4 hectare each. These are just some examples of some projects that we are currently working on."
Blueprints for a 8.2 ha operation
It is the goal of the local governor to realize 500 hectares of greenhouse before 2020. Berko said that the governor is pushing very hard to realize this goal. "At this moment the local industries are also invited to participate in the project. A local aluminium factory for example, can play a role in the manufacturing of the greenhouse structures."
Levelling at the 36 hectare plot.
If you would like to obtain more information on the potential of Belgorod or if you would like to participate in the 500 hectare greenhouse cluster, please contact:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-12-24 "You ask yourself why this isn't done more"
- 2015-12-23 Organic grower Andrew Mans from Coaldale:
- 2015-12-22 Visit to Golden Acre Farms:
- 2015-12-21 How two Leamington growers became Canada’s lowest cost producer of medicinal marijuana
- 2015-12-18 The crop is in control at Vine Fresh Acres in Leamington
- 2015-12-17 Canada: Truly Green has a true ambition for their 90 acre green crop in Chatham-Kent
- 2015-12-16 "Do something that nobody else does"
- 2015-12-15 Diversity is key at Erieview Acres
- 2015-12-14 "We're a Mexican company, but our philosophy is Dutch"
- 2015-12-11 International partnership will develop first market ready sweet pepper harvesting robot
- 2015-12-10 New greenhouse glass claims to allow more light in autumn and winter
- 2015-12-09 J & A Brandsema: Growing unique local tomatoes on 1 hectare in Tasmania
- 2015-12-08 Plexiglas: an energy saving alternative to glass and poly
- 2015-12-07 "Will Belgorod become "The Westland" of Russia?"
- 2015-12-04 Extra vines and kilos with the help of ethylene gas
- 2015-12-03 Tips on successful young plant propagation