Harvest of Health is the premium label of Dutch greenhouse vegetable cooperative Harvest House and the growers are therefore constantly looking for new varieties. After several taste tests and exploratory conversations with customers, the growers have decided to replace the current breed of mini-vine cherry with Axiany from Axia Vegetable Seeds.
"Various taste tests have shown that this new variety is an improvement over to the current variety. The Axiany has a sweet taste and a crunchy bite." The vine is nicely spread out and has a minimum of 10 fruits. This heightens the presentation value of the box.
The assortment of Harvest Of Health also consists of vine tomatoes, cocktail tomatoes and orange peppers. "This will offer retailers a complete range," says the group. Moreover, they want to distinguish themselves with quality. "This is not only expressed through the product features, but also by the appearance of the boxes and communication means made available by growers," says Harvest of Health.
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- Research uncovers a new approach to cooling greenhouse irrigation water
- Pepsico’s greenhouse accelerator program call for applications is now open
- What role do weeds play in the transmission of ToBRFV?
- Spain: Phase 1 of tomato glasshouse completed and operational, phase 2 underway
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "We harvest 40,000 heads of lettuce per day"
- How a New Zealand grower has built and is expanding a successful multi-fruit orchard
- Japanese Berry Pop fresh strawberry seeds now available for global markets
- Kuwait: Aeroponic greenhouse to continue country's effort to cut down import
- Spain: Cost of greenhouse tomato production up by 34% in Almería
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-09-13 Arcadia Biosciences to accelerate trait development with CRISPR-Cas9 license
- 2017-06-30 US: Hawaiian seed bank houses world's rarest seeds
- 2017-06-29 Hong Kong Aquagreen Valley cooperates with Rijk Zwaan
- 2017-06-28 ASTA hosts 134th annual convention, elects new leadership team
- 2017-06-27 Looking beyond subsistence farming
- 2017-06-26 From aquaculture to plant breeding
- 2017-06-23 Australian seeds book place in Doomsday shelter
- 2017-06-22 “Flavour, shape and stamina are important in an organic variety”
- 2017-06-22 Public-private partnership boosts Thailand's global seed sector ranking
- 2017-06-21 Webinar: Doing agribusiness in the Philippines
- 2017-06-20 Italy: Coviro relaunches strawberry varieties
- 2017-06-20 New blocky pepper varieties at de Ruiter
- 2017-06-19 German breeders develop ‘open source’ plant seeds
- 2017-06-16 The development of a tomato from seed to fruit
- 2017-06-16 The contribution of international vegetable breeding to Indian companies
- 2017-06-15 "Public private partnerships work together for the benefit of the farmer"
- 2017-06-15 Trial Center Tomato Rijk Zwaan offers complete experience
- 2017-06-14 Grafted cucumbers provide resistance to deteriorating water quality in South Africa
- 2017-06-13 Egypt: Dutch embassy visits Rijk Zwaan Mena Field Days
- 2017-06-12 Syngenta expands tomato catalog in multiple segments