Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Sweden: Plantagon to build unique vertical greenhouse for urban agriculture
The greenhouse will be 60 meters high. The outer part of the building will be space reserved for urban agriculture and the inner part of the construction will be a 16-story office building. The office area will host Plantagon’s head office on one floor and the other floors will be occupied by other companies, institutions and start-ups.
The Plantagon Greenhouse in Linköping will serve as an international model plant to present the methods, symbiotic systems and technologies developed by Plantagon and its partners to enable large cities around the world to produce their own food through urban agriculture.
“Behind the greenhouse façade, it's a regular office building that can be used in many different ways, like a hotel, office or school, but there is an ambition to give the whole area a clean-tech profile. The Plantagon Greenhouse will be a model for the whole world to demonstrate that you can actually grow food efficiently and safely in a large city,” says Owe Pettersson, COO of Plantagon.
Construction will commence in late 2015. The location near the E4 highway will connect with the district heating plant in Gärstad and the nearby biogas plant. These plants will give the Plantagon Greenhouse access to important resources such as excess heat and carbon dioxide, and waste from the greenhouse will be used in the biogas plant.
For more information
Carin Balfe Arbman, PR Manager
T: +46-70-633 35 08
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-26 Singapore: Renewed library now features hydroponics room
- 2021-10-21 Teens for Food Justice program awarded 300k by USDA for hydroponic expansion
- 2021-10-20 Collaboration on 700 m2 pilot farm in China
- 2021-10-20 Tackling climate issues with low-resource consuming growing towers
- 2021-10-19 ‘It’s not as carbon-hungry’: UK’s largest sunlit vertical farm begins harvest
- 2021-10-19 Unmanned vertical farm in China: is this what the future looks like?
- 2021-10-15 "We can focus more on quality and how the product satisfies consumer needs”
- 2021-10-15 UK grower trials aeroponic propagation system
- 2021-10-13 Irish supermarket to sell hydroponic microgreens
- 2021-10-08 China: Why the growth cycle of rice can be split in half
- 2021-10-01 Todd P. Hanna announced as new COO
- 2021-09-22 This "glass tree" vertical farm could solve urban food deserts
- 2021-09-16 Chinese scientists grow rice that yields twice faster in hydroponic experiment
- 2021-09-02 Building facilities across Canada, as well as in Greater London and Copenhagen
- 2021-09-01 US (PA): Mobile lab brings aquaponics closer to society
- 2021-08-26 Fresh herbs from halls and bunkers
- 2021-08-26 "The base of our technology is R&D in product development"
- 2021-08-16 "We reduced the cost of cooling by just cooling the plant roots”
- 2021-07-08 Danish retail is committed to vertical crop products
- 2021-07-08 "Crops from the vertical farm have more flavor and a longer shelf life"