- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
"Specialised customization generates growth"
Batist Aluminium Constructies focuses on the development and production of repair- and maintenance facilities, allowing work in and around the greenhouse to be conducted safely and efficiently. Batist Kassenbouw, another branch of Batist Westland, focuses on the construction, expansion and renovation of particular garden centres and wide-spans.
The projects are often carried out domestically, but the marketing of services and products abroad is also growing. The aluminium structures find their way to all corners of the world. "Greenhouses for us are mainly a European affair, partly consisting of contracts from other greenhouse builders and partly of small in-house projects," says CEO John Berghman. "Which at the moment is more than enough."
Growth isn’t focused on one sector or product, it is noticeable across the board. In addition to the horticultural sector, Batist is also active in the consumer segment with sales and construction of luxury ornamental greenhouses and carports. "This is mainly because we provide a lot of custom-made work. There is a good synergy within the various activities of Batist. Because we already believed that we had to broaden our scope years ago, our people are now able to provide very diverse customization in all kinds of segments."
The sale of the Repair Shuttle is satisfactory. Batist Aluminium Constructies developed this repair system some years ago, in collaboration with TST and van der Waay, under the name Glass Handling Technic (GHT). In 2011, GHT (for its work on the Repair Shuttle) won the first prize as best maintenance facility at the Good Practice Award in Budapest.
In January next year, Batist will again be present at IPM Essen. According to Berghman, Germany is of great importance. "We’ll be attending for the second time. Germany is for us an important growth market."
H. Batist Aluminium Constructies
2291 PA Wateringen
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-28 Snacking trend leads to increased year-round production of mini cucumbers
- 2022-11-28 India: Krishnagiri growers are discovering the benefits of CEA
- 2022-11-28 US (AK): BIA awards T&H $2 million for greenhouse expansion project
- 2022-11-25 State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes
- 2022-11-25 Influence of exogenous application of glycine betaine on strawberry
- 2022-11-23 How to install a double-layer inflated plastic
- 2022-11-22 UK: Heating system explodes on Essex farm, setting greenhouse on fire
- 2022-11-15 Maurice adopted ValkTwinRail ventilation system in its greenhouse in the Netherlands
- 2022-11-14 Texas A&M AgriLife seeks input on controlled environment agriculture
- 2022-11-11 Omaha restaurant uses greenhouse to grow their produce
- 2022-11-08 Philippines: Harnessing digitalization for smart agriculture
- 2022-11-04 US (KY): AppHarvest opens 30-acre indoor farm to grow strawberries and cucumbers
- 2022-11-04 Uzbekistan: Measures defined to support greenhouses
- 2022-11-04 "Urban greenhouses need to be intergrated with the urban environment"
- 2022-11-03 Canadian greenhouse season transitions into Mexico
- 2022-11-02 50 million USD geothermal greenhouse to be established in Kirsehir, Türkiye
- 2022-11-01 Banana growers from Hatay, Türkiye note that greenhouse production costs cause production decline
- 2022-11-01 First greenhouse tomato harvest has started in greenhouses in Antalya
- 2022-11-01 US (TN): Turner Greenhouse Rd. complaint lifted after property sale, clean up
- 2022-11-01 "At least 2.5 ha and cycling different crops to be profitable with organic greenhouse cultivation"