- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Organic grower and shipper celebrates 10 Years of Fair Trade certification
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Plantui looks to create the future of urban gardening
The existing plant selection is divided into three categories: intense herbs, delicious salad greens and edible flowers. Consumers can grow up to six plants at one time- in six weeks, the seeds will bloom into full-grown plants. The second generation Smart Garden™ recognizes the growth period of each plant and automatically adjusts its light and watering schedule.
The second generation Smart Garden™ will be computer controlled, allowing consumers to design and control various growth schedules. Not only can consumers grow herbs, but they can also grow bigger plants like chillies, cucumbers and tomatoes. The device uses a marginal amount of electricity, making it the perfect solution for those looking to conserve energy or grow their own food sustainably.
“We want to inspire urban consumers to grow their own plants. The age of growing it there, using it here is ending,” says company director Janne Loiske. “Our goal is to enable consumers to grow their own greens to enjoy all year round, even if they live in a small apartment in the city.”
The Smart Garden™ is consumer-friendly and easy to set up. After adding water, nutrients, and plant capsules to the tray, consumers simply have to plug in Smart Garden™. There are over 30 plant varieties to choose from including basil, bok choy, and thyme. Smart Garden™ is perfect for people with no gardening experience- each Plantui plant capsule box comes with selected nutrients to suit the plant’s needs.
Plantui will be running a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo for the next 30 days. To learn more or to preorder the second generation Smart Garden™, visit the campaign page here https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/plantui-plantation/x/8873039.
For more information:
Sara Järvi, Campaign Manager
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-16 These growers serve up fresh foods to Augusta restaurants
- 2022-08-16 Hydroponics & citrus farming
- 2022-08-15 New tool helps strengthen local food systems
- 2022-08-12 US (OR): Research shows that plastic tunnels are very good for strawberries
- 2022-08-12 Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- 2022-08-12 Trinidad and Tobago: Hydroponic farm offers more economic opportunities than fish production
- 2022-08-11 US: How the climate deal would help farmers aid the environment
- 2022-08-10 Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- 2022-08-09 "Drought will affect economy, not food supply"
- 2022-08-09 Uganda: Soilless farming highlights Kabale Farm Clinic
- 2022-08-09 Regulation of fleshy fruit ripening: From transcription factors to epigenetic modifications
- 2022-08-09 Mapping fruit characteristics faster with vision and AI
- 2022-08-08 Growing fruits and vegetables on the roof of the MIN in Toulouse
- 2022-08-08 Covered cultivation extends soft fruit season
- 2022-08-08 Pink and White strawberries soon to hit Aussie market
- 2022-08-08 "Fulvic acid encourages optimal growth in all plant phases"
- 2022-07-22 US (VA): Inside the Goochland greenhouse trying to create the freshest lettuce in town
- 2022-07-22 Powering plant growth with solar instead of photosynthesis more efficient?
- 2022-07-21 Prediction of strawberry fruit yield based on cultivar-specific growth models
- 2022-07-21 Crop change in Southern Europe greenhouses