- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
ARaymond launches innovative truss support for tomato plants
ARaymond, expert in fastening and assembly solutions, has launched a new innovative truss support solution that offers flexibility, reduces risk of damage to the plant, saves time and reduces labour costs.
FlexTruss is designed for use on tomato plants, and the key to the product is its flexibility, allowing to be installed straight on the branch instead of bending it thanks to its flexible backbone which naturally adapts itself to the stem growth. Thanks to its design, FlexTruss can be adapted to most stem diameters.
Erikjan Hoornstra, sales engineer at ARaymond said that the more flexible design of the FlexTruss helps reduce risk of breaking the branch, as it's not needed to bend manually the branch to install the truss support. This also means that the FlexTruss is much faster to install, saving time and therefore also reducing labour costs. In addition, the product is smooth and rounded, with no sharp edges, helping reduce the risks of the branch being broken.
Another important feature of the FlexTruss is its open structure, with air-holes on all sides, leading to air circulation around the branch, and therefore reducing the risks of Botrytis.
Erikjan Hoornstra said that ARaymond has worked closely with its customers in developing the FlexTruss, with a number of clients in The Netherlands testing and trialling the product in order for ARaymond to be attentive to their needs. “We visited the growers, looked at the problems they face, and then listened to them explain what they wanted us to do,” he said.
“Our customers are impressed that we have been able to provide added value to a type of product that has been around for many years and had not undergone any changes until now. When our clients take FlexTruss in their hand, they are surprised by the flexibility, and the way it bends, and they have said it will certainly make life easier for them, as well as lead to a reduction in labour costs.”
FlexTruss is being targeted at The Netherlands, Belgium and France, as well as Spain, Italy, Portugal and Morocco.
Discover the FlexTruss solution : http://www.araymond-agriculture.com/solutions/greenhouse-crop-supports/greenhouse-supports
For more information:
ARaymond Tecniacero SAU
+34 93 87 71 314
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 "Manual slicing is our strong point, maybe we don't communicate that enough yet"
- 2022-06-29 Greenhouse opening helps Highfield Farm further develop industrial land into urban farm
- 2022-06-29 "The new blackberry varieties that are coming allow us to look to the future with optimism"
- 2022-06-29 Shelf life extension solution adds 18 new crops
- 2022-06-29 MultiGrow Grashoek & MultiFresa get complete food processing line
- 2022-06-29 Approximately 13,000 sq.ft. vertical farm under construction at mall in Istanbul
- 2022-06-28 'Local presence has further strengthened customer relations'
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-28 1st price for the pesticide-residue free tomatoes in the national level of European Business Awards for the Environment
- 2022-06-28 China: "We hope that fresh-flower preservation cards will replace ice bottles and make life easier for fresh-flower distributors"
- 2022-06-28 Container farm allows growers to cultivate 14 different gourmet mushrooms
- 2022-06-28 Produce vegetables with carbon dioxide
- 2022-06-27 US (CA): Grower takes over Piru-based nursery
- 2022-06-27 HT Verboom Transport Systems joins GreenV
- 2022-06-27 Codema's staff welcomed by other horticultural companies
- 2022-06-27 Online retailer Gorillas launches private label range
- 2022-06-27 Despite the climate of uncertainty, the herbs segment is standing its ground
- 2022-06-27 Stronger supplies of California organic basil in 2022
- 2022-06-27 Driscoll's agrees to terms for acquisition of Berry Gardens