- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
ARaymond launches innovative truss support for tomato plants
ARaymond, expert in fastening and assembly solutions, has launched a new innovative truss support solution that offers flexibility, reduces risk of damage to the plant, saves time and reduces labour costs.
FlexTruss is designed for use on tomato plants, and the key to the product is its flexibility, allowing to be installed straight on the branch instead of bending it thanks to its flexible backbone which naturally adapts itself to the stem growth. Thanks to its design, FlexTruss can be adapted to most stem diameters.
Erikjan Hoornstra, sales engineer at ARaymond said that the more flexible design of the FlexTruss helps reduce risk of breaking the branch, as it's not needed to bend manually the branch to install the truss support. This also means that the FlexTruss is much faster to install, saving time and therefore also reducing labour costs. In addition, the product is smooth and rounded, with no sharp edges, helping reduce the risks of the branch being broken.
Another important feature of the FlexTruss is its open structure, with air-holes on all sides, leading to air circulation around the branch, and therefore reducing the risks of Botrytis.
Erikjan Hoornstra said that ARaymond has worked closely with its customers in developing the FlexTruss, with a number of clients in The Netherlands testing and trialling the product in order for ARaymond to be attentive to their needs. “We visited the growers, looked at the problems they face, and then listened to them explain what they wanted us to do,” he said.
“Our customers are impressed that we have been able to provide added value to a type of product that has been around for many years and had not undergone any changes until now. When our clients take FlexTruss in their hand, they are surprised by the flexibility, and the way it bends, and they have said it will certainly make life easier for them, as well as lead to a reduction in labour costs.”
FlexTruss is being targeted at The Netherlands, Belgium and France, as well as Spain, Italy, Portugal and Morocco.
Discover the FlexTruss solution : http://www.araymond-agriculture.com/solutions/greenhouse-crop-supports/greenhouse-supports
For more information:
ARaymond Tecniacero SAU
+34 93 87 71 314
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”