- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Seminis Sweet Sunset brand hybrid pepper seed chosen as 2015 All-America Selections Winner
A compact, upright bush plant, Sweet Sunset brand pepper has X3R technology which provides resistance to Xanthomonas campestris pv. vesicatoria races 0-3, 7 and 8 and matures after approximately 85 days. It is best adapted for planting in the Southeast, Heartland and West/Northwest regions of the U.S.
“We are very excited Sweet Sunset brand pepper received this prestigious AAS Winner designation,” explained Robbie Johnson, Seminis Home Garden Lead. “We are pleased to add Sweet Sunset brand to the 19 other AAS Winners in our current Seminis Home Garden product offering.”
Like the other AAS Winners, Sweet Sunset brand pepper seed was trialled during the 2012 and 2013 growing seasons next to two other similar varieties that are currently on the market. All-America Selections grew the Sweet Sunset brand pepper seed and comparison varieties and then judges performed a side-by-side analysis of growth habit, taste, disease resistance and more to determine if Sweet Sunset brand peppers were truly better than those already available to home gardeners. Only those vegetables with superior taste and garden performance are given the AAS Winners designation.
All-America Selections is an independent, non-profit organization that tests new varieties then designates only the best garden performers as AAS Winners. The AAS Winners designation provides an indication of a seed variety’s proven garden performance in All-America Selections trials.
“All of our Seminis Home Garden varieties are carefully selected from thousands of commercial varieties that have shown adaptability for the home garden market,” explained Johnson. “Just like our other product offerings, Sweet Sunset brand pepper seed meets many important agronomic and consumer attributes home gardeners are looking for such as being easy to grow.”
Sweet Sunset brand pepper seed, along with other Seminis Home Garden varieties, will be available to home gardeners through our network of dealers, catalogues and garden centres in 2015.
For more information, visit seminis.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 New cucumbers taking UK market by storm
- 2022-06-28 Wimbledon strawberries tracked by high-tech sensors
- 2022-06-28 $130 Japanese melon is the "Ferrari of melons"
- 2022-06-28 The age of counting sticky traps will soon be over, thanks to AI and vision systems
- 2022-06-27 “This unique tomato variety is a diamond in the rough”
- 2022-06-23 The Australian digital harvesting solution's yielding has improved productivity from pre-commercial trials
- 2022-06-23 Canadian greens distributor launches new salad kit line
- 2022-06-21 Light Science Technologies launches all-in-one sensorGROW
- 2022-06-20 Tendernay, a wine infused with broccoli
- 2022-06-20 Canadian greenhouse growers win in local and international competitions
- 2022-06-16 New platform for insight in sustainability risks in fresh produce launched
- 2022-06-15 Protecting your HVAC from moisture, corrosion and geckos
- 2022-06-15 France: Les Crudettes presents a new packaging
- 2022-06-08 Eco-friendly sachets extend life of fruit and veg outside refrigerator
- 2022-06-08 “We’re fast-tracking this tomato variety”
- 2022-06-07 "We've built a truly solid box over the years”
- 2022-06-06 "We want to give tissue culture seedlings a good start"
- 2022-06-02 "Metal tomato truss support brings plastic-free cultivation waste within reach"
- 2022-06-01 "In the first quarter, Mexican berry exports exceeded those of tequila, beer and avocado"
- 2022-05-31 Man eats three Carolina Reaper chilies in 8.7 sec like it's nothing