- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Seminis Sweet Sunset brand hybrid pepper seed chosen as 2015 All-America Selections Winner
A compact, upright bush plant, Sweet Sunset brand pepper has X3R technology which provides resistance to Xanthomonas campestris pv. vesicatoria races 0-3, 7 and 8 and matures after approximately 85 days. It is best adapted for planting in the Southeast, Heartland and West/Northwest regions of the U.S.
“We are very excited Sweet Sunset brand pepper received this prestigious AAS Winner designation,” explained Robbie Johnson, Seminis Home Garden Lead. “We are pleased to add Sweet Sunset brand to the 19 other AAS Winners in our current Seminis Home Garden product offering.”
Like the other AAS Winners, Sweet Sunset brand pepper seed was trialled during the 2012 and 2013 growing seasons next to two other similar varieties that are currently on the market. All-America Selections grew the Sweet Sunset brand pepper seed and comparison varieties and then judges performed a side-by-side analysis of growth habit, taste, disease resistance and more to determine if Sweet Sunset brand peppers were truly better than those already available to home gardeners. Only those vegetables with superior taste and garden performance are given the AAS Winners designation.
All-America Selections is an independent, non-profit organization that tests new varieties then designates only the best garden performers as AAS Winners. The AAS Winners designation provides an indication of a seed variety’s proven garden performance in All-America Selections trials.
“All of our Seminis Home Garden varieties are carefully selected from thousands of commercial varieties that have shown adaptability for the home garden market,” explained Johnson. “Just like our other product offerings, Sweet Sunset brand pepper seed meets many important agronomic and consumer attributes home gardeners are looking for such as being easy to grow.”
Sweet Sunset brand pepper seed, along with other Seminis Home Garden varieties, will be available to home gardeners through our network of dealers, catalogues and garden centres in 2015.
For more information, visit seminis.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-26 Increase your vegetable consumption to lower your blood sugar
- 2023-09-25 New podcast series about the history of fresh produce
- 2023-09-25 “It is our goal to provide our products in all 50 states”
- 2023-09-18 Growers and chemist innovate with new and existing products
- 2023-09-14 New celery bites introduced
- 2023-09-11 New compostable pot available to North American growers
- 2023-09-07 New salad kits and salad blends will debut at Southern Innovations
- 2023-09-06 Focus on reliability, longer lifetime, reusability, and flexibility
- 2023-09-01 New line of fresh-cut herbs under Vitalicious BIO-Organic label
- 2023-08-29 The nutritional marvel of microgreens
- 2023-08-28 Now, tomatoes can also be worn
- 2023-08-22 "New broad spectrum bioinsecticide back by popular demand"
- 2023-08-21 A nickel-free tomato that meets the needs of allergy sufferers
- 2023-08-09 A plastic film with maximum brightness, thermal efficiency and diffusion
- 2023-08-07 UK: GrowUp Farms launches first range of vertically ready-to-eat salads into Tesco
- 2023-07-20 Can spicy ice cream be dangerous?
- 2023-07-11 Some burgers will be served without tomatoes as crop shortage hits India
- 2023-07-07 Organic and fresh-cut vegetables on display
- 2023-07-04 Water cleanser product to be on display at Cultivate '23
- 2023-06-30 "Everyone loves Honing tomatoes, especially as a snack vegetable"