Top 5 -yesterday
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
- Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- How to shift from optimal growth with LEDs to optimal energy usage
- Adjusting irrigation water: bicarbonates vs. pH
- Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
Top 5 -last month
Canada: Orangeline Farms wins first place in 'Perfect Pepper' competition
The annual Greenhouse Competition celebrates Essex County as the largest greenhouse region in North America. Funds raised from the competition go to R.E.A.C.H. International, a local charity that has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to build schools & clinics, drill water wells, and to sponsor/care for impoverished children in Uganda, Africa.
“These awards underscore our position as a premium grower,” said Jordan Kniaziew, President of Orangeline Farms Sales. “We like that both awards are in the ‘specialty’ category – they represent everything that we do and what we’re all about as a grower of exciting consumer friendly foods.”
This is the second consecutive year in which Orangeline Farms has taken home top awards from the Greenhouse competitions. Last year, it captured the “Best Specialty Sweet Pepper” award as well as the “People’s Choice, Best Mini Cucumber” award.
Orangeline Farms is an award-winning, boutique grower of specialty greenhouse products marketed under the Zing! Healthy Foods brand. The family-owned business operates year-round in Leamington, Ontario. For more information, go to orangelinefarms.com or call the Orangeline sales team at 519-322-0400.
For more information
T: +1 519 322 4733
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-08 BioTherm improves performance of their finned heating products
- 2022-07-20 Interesting novelty in the green oblong tomato segment
- 2022-07-12 New organic salad kits and blends line debuts in plant-based compostable bags
- 2022-07-12 Simple GoMicro device can measure food spoilage
- 2022-07-12 Sharing the appeal of broccoli with the world
- 2022-07-12 New universal automatic measuring device in Italy
- 2022-06-30 New cucumbers taking UK market by storm
- 2022-06-28 Wimbledon strawberries tracked by high-tech sensors
- 2022-06-28 $130 Japanese melon is the "Ferrari of melons"
- 2022-06-28 The age of counting sticky traps will soon be over, thanks to AI and vision systems
- 2022-06-27 “This unique tomato variety is a diamond in the rough”
- 2022-06-23 The Australian digital harvesting solution's yielding has improved productivity from pre-commercial trials
- 2022-06-23 Canadian greens distributor launches new salad kit line
- 2022-06-21 Light Science Technologies launches all-in-one sensorGROW
- 2022-06-20 Tendernay, a wine infused with broccoli
- 2022-06-20 Canadian greenhouse growers win in local and international competitions
- 2022-06-16 New platform for insight in sustainability risks in fresh produce launched
- 2022-06-15 Protecting your HVAC from moisture, corrosion and geckos
- 2022-06-15 France: Les Crudettes presents a new packaging
- 2022-06-08 Eco-friendly sachets extend life of fruit and veg outside refrigerator