- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
US: Lipman launches new round-variety tomato; Crimson Queen
“We know that round tomatoes typically have a reputation for durability, rather than taste – and that increased flavor is normally associated with higher-sugar-content breeds like grape, cherry and heirloom-type tomatoes,” said Barineau. “However, with the Crimson Queen, we’re changing that, by introducing a round tomato that doesn’t sacrifice flavor for function.”
In addition to the benefit of high flavor, Crimson Queen tomatoes also have higher lycopene levels – thanks to the crimson gene. This variety also has the same characteristics that make round breeds popular with food service operators and consumers: shape, durable skin and long shelf-life.
“Our growing process begins before the seeds are even planted – with research,” said Darren Micelle, chief operating officer for Lipman. “It’s because of our R & D team that we’re able to take feedback from our customers, and develop a product that meets their needs.”
For more information about Lipman, visit www.LipmanProduce.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-26 Increase your vegetable consumption to lower your blood sugar
- 2023-09-25 New podcast series about the history of fresh produce
- 2023-09-25 “It is our goal to provide our products in all 50 states”
- 2023-09-18 Growers and chemist innovate with new and existing products
- 2023-09-14 New celery bites introduced
- 2023-09-11 New compostable pot available to North American growers
- 2023-09-07 New salad kits and salad blends will debut at Southern Innovations
- 2023-09-06 Focus on reliability, longer lifetime, reusability, and flexibility
- 2023-09-01 New line of fresh-cut herbs under Vitalicious BIO-Organic label
- 2023-08-29 The nutritional marvel of microgreens
- 2023-08-28 Now, tomatoes can also be worn
- 2023-08-22 "New broad spectrum bioinsecticide back by popular demand"
- 2023-08-21 A nickel-free tomato that meets the needs of allergy sufferers
- 2023-08-09 A plastic film with maximum brightness, thermal efficiency and diffusion
- 2023-08-07 UK: GrowUp Farms launches first range of vertically ready-to-eat salads into Tesco
- 2023-07-20 Can spicy ice cream be dangerous?
- 2023-07-11 Some burgers will be served without tomatoes as crop shortage hits India
- 2023-07-07 Organic and fresh-cut vegetables on display
- 2023-07-04 Water cleanser product to be on display at Cultivate '23
- 2023-06-30 "Everyone loves Honing tomatoes, especially as a snack vegetable"