- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Japanese grower Kagome to produce and sell tomatoes in China
The new company will sell locally grown tomatoes in Beijing, Shanghai and elsewhere in China through members-only door-to-door vegetable delivery firms. This is the first time for Kagome to sell fresh tomatoes outside Japan.
The Kagome unit aims to produce 530 tons of tomatoes per year by the end of 2017 on a 4.4-hectare plot. It anticipates annual sales of ¥100 million.
According to Kagome, consumers, especially in China’s metropolitan areas, are increasingly selecting vegetables grown under conditions that strictly control the use of chemicals, and are thus believed to be safer.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-08 New partnership to produce modular farms
- 2023-12-07 Agrospheres compelets expansion of $25M series B round
- 2023-12-07 Norway: New vertical farm to supply retailer with 110 tons of leafy greens yearly
- 2023-12-07 Jiashan Sino-Dutch Horticulture Innovation Center opened during the horticultural trade mission to China
- 2023-12-06 Construction of new Multivac production factory starts
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-06 Syngenta joins the Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-12-06 "60 percent of our production is sold via the Munich wholesale market"
- 2023-12-06 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame