- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Nunhems' Nun 09013 TOF cherry-on-the-vine is named Competition
Competition* is a cherry-on-the-vine tomato for traditional cultivation and cultivation under artificial light. It bears superior-tasting, deep-red cherry tomatoes of approximately 11-12 grams each. The variety produces long vines with 15-18 high-quality cherry tomatoes and has a high yield of fruit throughout the season. Competition* is very strong against cracking.
Competition* has been selected by RedStar as a new variety for the mini cherry-on-the-vine tomato sold under the name Passion. This choice was made following extensive tasting tests. According to Dirk van der Kaaij, the company had been looking for a mini cherry-on-the-vine tomato with a good flavor for many years. "Competition*, produced by Nunhems, satisfies the high standards of RedStar and its buyers. The tomatoes of this variety have a striking deep red color and strong green parts of the trusses. In terms of flavor, it is a variety that fits in perfectly with our other brands. Furthermore, the tests we have carried out with the trade and supermarkets have shown that the fruits have a very good shelf life and a very good appearance." This winter, 3.3 hectares will be cultivated at RedStar's premises. Competition* will be grown all year round.
Competition* will also be cultivated at the premises of Ties Verbaarschot in Helenaveen on an area of three hectares. Kompany is Verbaarschot's sales organization. "We market the Competition trusses under the brand name Sweet Honey. This name was selected because the tomatoes are as sweet as honey," explains Ties Verbaarschot.
Competition* is an innovative, new solution that offers growers in high tech tomato markets an opportunity to truly enhance their business,” said Harm Ammerlaan, Nunhems’ Sales Specialist Tomato. “Nunhems listens intently to its customers, and to their customers, and monitors all market trends worldwide to assess where the unmet market opportunities and needs lie. We then explore and develop unique solutions. Competition* is just one of the new tomato varieties that will be cultivated commercially in the coming season. For the next season several growers have chosen for NUN 09008 TOF*, a high yielding, high quality cluster tomato with an excellent taste. Furthermore we will introduce Monterrey*, a very tasty cherry plum tomato for single harvest.”
With more than 90 years expertise, Nunhems develops and supplies top quality vegetable seeds to growers from all over the world. Nunhems has been breeding tomato varieties for many years and has already successfully developed a wide range of varieties for Eastern and Southern Europe, Mexico, South America, Asia-Pacific and Middle East regions. The tomato market welcomes fresh thinking, and with Nunhems’ extensive knowledge, reliability, crop team approach and global presence, the company is set to become an industry leader in the high tech tomato segment, as it has done in others.
For more information please contact:
Harm Ammerlaan, Sales Specialist Tomatoes
Mobile: +31 6 349 59 057
Veronique Savelkoul, Sales Specialist Tomatoes
Mobile: +32 471 252 303
*under application for inclusion in the EC Common Catalogue of Vegetable Varieties
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 Tomatoes can potentially reduce risk of high blood pressure
- 2023-11-30 Concerns about endive harvest quality
- 2023-11-29 Sweet Karoline blackberries arriving late December
- 2023-11-23 Taking a closer look at the world’s most expensive fruits
- 2023-11-13 Bananatex launches compostable jersey made from Abacá banana plants
- 2023-11-10 YUM YUMS cherry tomatoes unveiled
- 2023-11-07 "We're combating unhealthy snacks with seedless snack bell peppers"
- 2023-10-31 Zucchiolo, a cross between cucumber and zucchini
- 2023-10-31 Product innovation continues in greenhouse industry with new pepper variety
- 2023-10-26 New celery snack launched
- 2023-10-19 Melatonin from tomatoes? Seems like it
- 2023-10-18 Butter lettuce-based salad kits hit the market
- 2023-10-17 Lettuce brand extends with new salad kits
- 2023-10-13 App analyses tomato appearance within seconds
- 2023-10-13 "Plastic is still plastic no matter how you look at it"
- 2023-10-13 New premium berry line on the way