Packaging trays of Swiss organic mushrooms continuously replaced with 100 percent grass-paper trays

As part of its value-added strategy, the Swiss Mushroom Producers Association (VSP) developed the grass-paper tray in cooperation with Coop. From now on, the packaging trays of Swiss organic brown mushrooms 225g as well as Swiss organic white mushrooms 225g, will be continuously replaced by 100 percent grass-fed paper trays in Coop sales points.

Paper is a highly sought-after raw material worldwide, but its production requires a lot of water and energy. Grass-paper offers an innovative alternative. The material has up to 30 percent lower CO2 emissions in its production compared to normal paper and cardboard. The grass grows without the use of fertilizers on ecological compensation areas, often in the immediate vicinity of the respective paper mill. Grass-paper board consists of 40 percent pulp, which is obtained from grass. The remaining 60 percent pulp comes from FSC-certified forests.

Further information:

Publication date:

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber

You are using software which is blocking our advertisements (adblocker).

As we provide the news for free, we are relying on revenues from our banners. So please disable your adblocker and reload the page to continue using this site.

Click here for a guide on disabling your adblocker.