U.S. Mexico Canada Agreement seasonal perishable products - weekly update

Peru imports of blueberries through Philadelphia and NYC ports expected to decrease seasonally

Last week’s threat of a rail strike drove home the importance of all parts of the supply chain working together to keep goods moving throughout the US. Although the current situation was resolved after intervention by Congress, it highlighted the fragility of the system where each part is dependent on the others.

Current estimates state that approximately 28% of total U.S. ground freight movement occurs by rail, with the remaining 72% handled by the trucking industry, which has had its own challenges. Though owner-operators are cautiously optimistic now that fuel prices are slowly decreasing from the summer’s record highs, stress remains high throughout the shipping industry as a whole, and consumers can expect to see follow-on impacts on the prices and availability of the goods they want and need.

The movement of Mexican blueberries through Arizona, California, and Texas is expected about the same. Trading was slow to fairly slow, with prices generally unchanged. Flats 12 6-ounce cups with lids large, mostly 8.00. Quality is reported as variable, with shippers noting that sales improved by midweek as the end of the Peru season is arriving.

Peru imports of blueberries through Philadelphia and New York City area ports of entry are expected to decrease as more growers are finished for the season. Trading is moderate, with prices unchanged. Flats 12 1-pint cups with lids large 14.00-16.00, 6-ounce large mostly 12.00-14.00. Quality is reported as variable. Peru's imports of blueberries through Southern California ports of entry movement expected to decrease as more growers are finished for the season.

Click here to read the full report.

 

Source: mymarketnews.ams.usda.gov


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber