Light incidence over our crops will have a direct effect on yield. Photosynthesis is the most important process in plants to produce energy. But how can we relate photons of light to yield? Based on research we know now one mole of photosynthetic photons is required in order to produce one gram o dried biomass (yield). When working with plants we usually hear about the Net photosynthetic rate. The net photosynthetic rate refers to the total rate of fixation of carbon without considering the CO2 lost during respiration. This is the correct way to measure photosynthesis. When trying to link photons to yield, we need to consider that some percentage of carbohydrates will be used for plant respiration, a process that of course will affect how carbohydrates are used to produce plant biomass or yield.
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- Zimbabwe: 'Take advantage of demand for organic crops'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-24 Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- 2022-06-21 OGVG collaborates with the municipality of Leamington on greenhouse lighting challenges
- 2022-06-20 Changes made to Leamington greenhouse light abatement bylaw
- 2022-06-20 Signify supplies 40% more light to grower Looye with Philips GreenPower LED
- 2022-06-17 Greenhouse cucumbers: high light vegetable series
- 2022-06-17 Dutch berry growers make the switch to full LED lighting
- 2022-06-16 Are LED lamps indeed more economical than SON-T?
- 2022-06-16 Supplemental blue light frequencies improve the ripening of tomatoes
- 2022-06-14 Midstream Lighting to acquire Hyperion Grow Lights
- 2022-06-14 Grow lights for herbs: which option to choose
- 2022-06-14 Improving the growing with LED
- 2022-06-13 "Intra-canopy lighting is an additional tool to improve productivity with the same footprint"
- 2022-06-13 A new WYSIWYG grow light controller with research in mind
- 2022-06-09 Latest sensor technology in new analysing solution sensorGROW
- 2022-06-06 Effects of natural light and ventilation on 3D tomato body heat distribution
- 2022-05-31 "We have a clear mission: lighting the way to a better tomorrow"
- 2022-05-26 Making LEDs and lower energy costs accessible to HPS-growers
- 2022-05-25 Osram launches new LED family
- 2022-05-25 "Growers need to know more about the advantages of artificial lighting"
- 2022-05-23 Results from intra-canopy lighting study published