LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming), which runs the global environmental assurance system, LEAF Marque, has announced the start of a public consultation on its LEAF Marque Standard (v16.0 Draft). The standard sets out the requirements for LEAF Marque certification.
Lucy Redmore, Assurance Manager at LEAF says: “We are committed to listening, adapting, and continually improving, and obtaining stakeholder feedback is an essential part of revising our LEAF Marque Standard. We welcome and value the opinions of our members, farmers, growers, academics, fellow NGO’s, members of the public, and other stakeholders. This consultation provides a great opportunity to help shape the future direction of the LEAF Marque Standard v16.0, as well as influence how the agricultural sector delivers more sustainable, regenerative, nature-based global farming and food systems. The feedback we receive is vital in ensuring LEAF Marque certification continues to act as a catalyst for mobilizing advances in more climate positive farming across the globe.”
There are various ways to submit feedback on the LEAF Marque Standard (v16.0 Draft):
- Complete the online survey: there are two versions – a condensed survey with targeted questions for those with limited time, and a detailed survey for those with more time. The survey is compatible with smartphones and can take as little as 5 minutes of your time.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, job and country and any comments that you have
- By phone: +44 (0)2476 413911
- In writing: including your name, country, stakeholder group, and contact details to: LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming), Avenue J, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, UK CV8 2LG for the attention of Jenna Higgins.
To support the involvement of a wide range of global stakeholders, the surveys and summaries of changes are available in English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Egyptian Arabic.
In addition, LEAF is running three webinars to explain the main changes proposed, as well as providing an opportunity for feedback. To register, please click on the links below:
- Carbon & Plastics: Industry Questions and Farmer-Based Solutions – 24th November 2:30pm (GMT) – book here
- Water, Collaborative Action, and Landscape Scale Changes – 16th December 2:30pm (GMT) – book here
- Standard Relevance: Writing a Standard for a global and varied industry – 10th January 10:30am (GMT) – book here
More information on the LEAF Marque Standard v16.0 Draft and how to get involved in the consultation can be found here