On Nov. 11-12, Lipman Family Farms’ employees gathered to participate in the second annual ‘Day of Good from the Ground Up® to give back to the local communities where Lipman operates. The company-wide service days are a continued part of Lipman’s community-driven culture, reinforcing the company’s commitment to giving back in the areas where Lipman employees live and work.
Left: Brighter Bites in Immokalee, FL; right: Harry Chapin Food Bank, also in Immokalee.
Lipman aims to serve and improve local communities by providing services and goods that will create a lasting impact. For this year’s ‘Day of Good,’ more than 450 Lipman employees volunteered over 140 hours, including supporting food banks, providing needed supplies to elderly homes and women’s shelters, and donating to local schools, among other activities. Lipman employees donated approximately 5,000 pounds of produce, over 2,500 boxes and bags of non-perishable food, as well as 600 packages of assorted items including blankets, gift cards, hygiene kits, and other needed goods. In total, Lipman’s volunteer efforts impacted over 3,000 families and 1,000 children across North America.
“These two days are all about coming together as one family to give back to those in need,” said Jaime Weisinger, director of community relations.
This year’s ‘Day of Good’ involved 19 Lipman locations, where employees collaborated with local organizations to support volunteer or donation projects. In North Carolina, employees Jeff Bennett and Jerry Harvell lead volunteers to support more than 70 families in need. Efforts included a food drive, donating supplies for the local foster care center and presenting gift cards to help with living expenses.
“It’s incredible to see how employees have joined together to support our communities,” said Jaime. “’Day of Good’ represents more than just a day of joining forces to make a large impact. It's a representation of the company culture we have here.”
Additional efforts at Lipman office locations include:
- Needy Paws Animal Shelter and Safe Haven Ministries (Clarksville, AR)
- Local elementary schools (Dallas, TX)
- We Don’t Waste Food Pantry Drive (Denver, CO)
- Exeter Lions Club and Jessica’s House (Exeter, ON, Canada)
- Eastern Shore Food Bank and Food Drive (Exmore, VA)
- Field of Honor (Frederick, CO)
- Mud Creek Baptist Church (Hendersonville, NC)
- ATREVETE Foundation (Hermosillo, SON, Mexico)
- Harry Chapin and Brighter Bites (Immokalee, FL)
- Vision House (Kent, WA)
- Belle Marris Elementary (Knoxville, TN)
- Foster Family Agency (Livermore, CA)
- Haven of Peace (Manteca, CA)
- Rio Grand Valley Food Bank (McAllen, TX)
- Thanksgiving Dinners to Lipman Farm Workers (Naples, FL)
- Casitas of Santa Cruz Elderly Homes (Nogales, AZ)
- Arizona Helping Hands (Phoenix, AZ)
- Portland Transitional School (Portland, OR)
- Greater Woodbury Cooperative Ministries Food Pantry (West Deptford, NJ)
For more information:
Lipman Family Farms