The 2021 Michigan Greenhouse Growers Expo, in partnership with the Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable, and Farm Market Expo, will be held in person on Dec. 7-9 at the Devos Place Conference Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The floriculture team from Michigan State University Extension worked with the Western Michigan Greenhouse Association and the Metro Detroit Flower Growers Association to develop an educational program consisting of 19 sessions on a wide variety of topics. This year’s lineup features young plant production, research project and plant trial updates, greenhouse pest management, and specialty cut flower production.
Among the 19 sessions, there will be:
- Developing a Fertilizer Program for Greenhouse Crops
- Guidance on Selecting Substrates and Substrate Suppliers
- Best-Performing Annuals and Perennials in Michigan
- Keeping the Weeds at Bay: Recommendations for Greenhouse Weed Control
- Dried Flowers: Selection, Post-Harvest Handling, and Drying Techniques
- Managing Light to Improve Specialty Cut Flower Yield and Profits
Besides these sessions, there will also be workshops, stands, the annual farm market bus tour, and a two-hour session on high tunnel and greenhouse vegetables.
To see the full schedule, click here.
Registration is now open. Early birds can save $20 by registering before Nov. 15, 2021.